Toy Box Lid Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Box Lid Support

Can someone tell me a good toy box lid support brand? The lid is 3/4" x 16" x 32" Thanks in advance.

I used a Stanley brand "friction lid support" from Home Depot.

However, you should check someplace like rockler.com (or the store if you have one nearby). They have all kinds of different things for this purpose.

Kevin

Comment

Mater
      I just ordered an Economy Toy Box Plan Hardware Kit #52568 from Rockler. It has two lid supports and a 36" piano hinge. Price is 13.99. Hope this helps. Dave

Comment

Oddly enough, I am currently fiddling around with several designs of my own for a teared toy chest with a book shelf back. I was thinking more along the lines of a gas compressed shock, like the gate of a mini van has. I was looking more along the size that my Shop Fox table top Mortiser has as an assist to keeping the head up. Fully collapsed at the proper angle, they exert zero lift on the lid. Trial and error here will be needed on a dumby carcase to insure the final unit is not peppered with trial and error wholes of mistakes.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Rockler definately has some good choices. This one had the consumer product safety comm. approval.

Rockler

Comment

Working...
          X