X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RIDGID compact tablesaw

www.homedepot.ca (not .com) now has a new flyer in which they are ardvestising a new RIDGID compact table saw. It looks almost like the top portion of the TS24x0 model, but it has a riving knife.

It must be available in some HD stores if they put it in their flyer. Has anybody seen it, or does anybody have any specs for it?

This is not the granite top saw, this is a new different RIDGID table saw.

Thanks,

Re: New RIDGID compact tablesaw

I see 3 table saws, the 2400, the 3650 and the 3660. The 3660 is the same as the 3650 except the newer 3660 comes in one box and apparently has a better leg setup. Other than that it's the same as the old 3650. The splitter is the same. I didn't see any other table saw on the .ca site.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

http://hdp.ca.flyerservices.com/cach...blication.aspx

Look around this tool guide and you can find it. Looks to be similar in size to the DeWalt jobsite saw. Says it will be available December 15th. Not sure if it will be available in the US.

NEW RIDGID 10" PORTABLE TABLE SAW. MICRO BEVEL ADJUST FOR PRECISION CUTS.
      Price: $349 AVAILABLE DECEMBER 15, 2008.
      Product ID: 534294
      Riving knife and guarding system allows for non- through cuts while providing anti-kickback protection
      24" rip capacity for added convenience and flexibility
      Micro bevel adjust for precision cuts
      Extension table for supporting large materials
      Outfeed support for handling longer materials
      Pull-out handle offers easy portability
      Exclusive

INNOVATION SOLUTION
      The versatility to perform a wide range of cuts, while ensuring user safety.
      Mark

Comment

While you can't see it when you search for items, it is in the Dec 2 to Dec 8th flyer (off the main site click on eflyer, enter a postal code, say k2m 2y6) and you will see it on page 8. I called my local store, was told they don't have them yet but will get them this Thursday or Friday.

Comment

I saw the new saw in my local HD (St. Catharines, ON) last Saturday. I didn't pay much attention to it though. Not sure what the price is either.
          In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Hhhmmm:

Attachment Attachment
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
              man i was actually seriously going to buy the new ridgid compact TS until i saw that
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dayusex View Post
                man i was actually seriously going to buy the new ridgid compact TS until i saw that
                It might still be a great saw, and it's unknown how similar they are. TTI owns Ryobi and the rights to manufacture many of the Ridgid tools. It's likely that they also make that particular Craftsman saw....not an uncommon scenario these days. Look it over, see if it meets your needs, and see which of the two is on sale.

Comment

Right, I've read that some Milwaukee tools like just like Ridgid/Ryobi but have different parts inside. Of course, even if it is the same as the Craftsman Pro version, you still get a lifetime warranty. If it is anything like the TS2410LS without the stand it would be a good saw.

Comment

I saw this saw, it didn't seem to have the same feel of quality as the TS2410LS (i.e. imagine you just take off the 2410 from the base and compare both units). It did have a riving knife setup, looked kind of like the Bosch 4100 setup. But the fence on this unit seemed to be of lower quality than the 2410. It wasn't installed properly at the home depot, so it is hard to tell. It was also shorter in high.

Comment

The saw is available at HD in Montreal Canada.
                      THE HD is located on Henry Bourassa BLVD just West of the Hi-way 25.

The saw is similar to the Bosh exect the Ridgid has the same kind of rack and pinion angle adjustment like the bigger Ridgid portable model.
                      115 Volts only (not convertible to 220V)
                      It is about 115 pounds, it has 6" wheels and extendable handle.
                      It DOES NOT HAVE a stand. You have to us it on the floor, or on a table.
                      It has a 2 1/2 Shop vac dust port.

It cut 24 inches to the right of the blade.
                      The table is not as large as the bigger portable Ridgid saw.
                      There is about 4 to 6 inches only between the front edge and the blade.
                      (Don't expect to cut a sheet of plywood on that saw.)
                      The split blade guard will protect your fingers but will send a cloud of dust in your face.
                      The rifing knife is a very good option.
                      The rip fence is similar to cheap taiwanese saws but a bit better. It is not close to what you will find on the bigger portable Ridgid.
                      The top is expandable on the right.
                      The saw stand upright on the left side when not in use.
                      Teflon-like top coating.
                      This saw is an upgrade compare to entry level Craftsman, Skill and those type of saw. I would buy this before to buy the Bosh or the Dewalt.
                      This seems like a very good saw for the occasional user.
                      This is perfect for on the site job but if you are not sure, go for the bigger sister. A larger top is always better.

It carries the Lifetime waranty. Therefore, don't buy the twin Craftsman. Yes the Craftsman is identical but does not have the lifetime waranty.

Hope this help.
                      Last edited by Boogatoo; 12-08-2008, 11:36 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

They have had this saw at the HD in Richmond, British Columbia for at least a week now. Wonder when the big saws will get riving knives?

Comment

Originally posted by Boogatoo View Post
                          The saw is available at HD in Montreal Canada.
                          This saw is an upgrade compare to entry level Craftsman, Skill and those type of saw. I would buy this before to buy the Bosh or the Dewalt.
                          Hope this help.
                          Really? Some people would argur the Bosch is better than the the larger Ridgid TS2410LS even.

Comment

The angle adjusment on the Bosh is crapy. It share the height adjustment and the abgle on the same knob.
                            When you release the lock, the angle drop loose and the gravity set it somewhere halfway between 0 and 45 degrees.

This reason alone is enough not to buy a Bosh, period.

The 2 portable Ridgid carry a rack and pinion angle micro-adjustment. when you release the knob, you keep the angle.

Comment

Can this saw take a dado set

Comment

Working...
                              X