Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bench Dog cast iron router table extension **PICS ADDED**

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
    Wow, I don't think I would have tried that. I have a few pounds on you but not that many (205#). What would you have done if the wing broke or you bent the rails? I am glad nothing bad happened when you did this but I would put this in the "don't try this at home" category. Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I don't think so.
    Bob, I appreciate the comment and the concern. I was concerned too so the test wasn't entirely as straightforward as I wrote.

My work bench is about 2 inches lower than the bottoms of the rails. I slid the TS over the surface of the work bench so if something gave in I would have fallen all of 2 inches onto my workbench. Of course I would have lost the rails too but that's the risk I was willing to take.
    Last edited by darius; 08-22-2009, 09:29 AM.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I have finally finished setting up my router onto the BlackJack(Peachtree) extension. I have a Jessem rail which I modified to mount on the extension t-slot 21 1/2 centers . An Incra router plate insert with a Mastercraft 7 A plunge router which I stripped down for this application. I ran 30 cabinet door slabs of 3/4inch MDF and was pleased with the stability of the table. The legs are holding up fine and have not had to adjust them after routing and cutting operations on the slabs. There was absolutely no wobble to the table . After spending many years routing on a small crappy router table this is pure heaven. I need to go out and sacrifice some more wood to the timber gods. Cya ! Tero T in Toronto
      Attached Files

Comment

I also installed the benchdog in my TS3650. I installed it to the left side which has given me the best access. I rigged it with a Milwaukee 5625-20 and it performs very well. I also installed the wing from the left to the right and haven’t had any issues with that, it leveled right and it’s not causing tipping or any other problem. I’m very happy with my setup as it is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
          As I am looking into making a router extension for my TS I did some simple testing just a few minutes ago. I sat on the extension wings - both left and right. The saw did not tip under 190 pounds.
          Yes I to also found that there was no other support needed, although I will add some folding steel legs for greater support at a later date.

Comment

I have the ridgid 4511 with the granite top and would like to mount a router table extension to it. Do you guys think this one would work? thanks

Comment

Working...
            X