TS2424 Arbor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424 Arbor

I have had my TS2424 for 4 years and just now have discovered a possible problem with the arbor. I tried using my new Freud SD508 dado set at 1/4" setting which uses the two main blades and found the arbor has a recessed area between the flat surface and the threads. This is causing the right side dado blade to wobble (up and down). What I am trying to discribe is the arbor shaft goes from the a smooth surface to the threaded portion between the two areas there is a dip which allows the blade to sit slightly lower. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have an older version of Craftsman, but the saw is pretty similar to what you have----There shouldn't be a flat surface on the arbor---at least mine is threaded all the way. Also, the dado use problem you mentioned was usually found with using a stacked set, with chippers, where the part of the arbor holding the chippers was lower---Also, this wobble you're talking about is a real concern, unless you haven't snugged up the arbor nut.

Why don't you take another look---also, with the blade off---see if you can move the arbor shaft in and out---if so, and from what you're describing, I'd order a completely new arbor assembly from Ridgid.
    Dave

Comment

I didn't do a very good job of discribing the problem. I did another search through all the forums and found out what the problem is. On the early version of this saw the arbor was threaded then there was a valley on the arbor before it went to the smooth surface. This valley causes the the dado blade to sit a bit lower. From what I've read I should be able to get a replacement arbor. Thanks for your help..

Frank

Comment

What you need is the arbor assembly. I would say to contact Ridgid with the model number----you still have a lifetime warranty and this should be covered----if not, buy it anyway--about $65---this will correct the problem.
        Dave

Comment

FWIW, I just noticed that there is a Ridgid Table Saw Arbor Kit for sale on Ebay. Starting Bid: $9.99.
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X