Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assembling JP0610 Jointer - ALONE! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembling JP0610 Jointer - ALONE! Help!

Being of less than sound body and having no other people to assist me, I am about to assemble my new 6 1/8" jointer by myself. Does anyone have some suggestions regarding lifting tools or techniques I can use to position the jointer bed onto its stand. I might add that I have no means to hang any lifting devices from the beams in my garage. An equipment rental dealer suggested that I use an engine hoist, which is a possibility. Does anyone have any better ideas.

BTW if there are 2 or 3 of you who live in Spokane, WA and would like to engage in a little "fitness exercise", I'd be glad to furnish drinks and pizza.

Re: Assembling JP0610 Jointer - ALONE! Help!

engine hoist would be the easiest, if not, they have dollys that have a platform that lift, not sure of the name, but you would have to slide it on to the top. I would go with the engine hoist. Do you have any neighbors who can help?

Comment

To offer constructive help would need to know a little more of what is available around the house to MacGyver something together out of.

You could build a tripod out of some 4x4s for one.

How did you get the thing home? Had it delivered?
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

It was a Black Friday purchase from CPO Rigid (Reconditioned unit). The jointer was discounted, and shipping was FREE! FedEX delivered it, and believe me, the driver was not pleased!

Comment

The top is not that heavy. I put the base together and flipped that up right then I put the top on it and put the bolts in it. I did it by my self same as the table saw.

Comment

Originally posted by bert304 View Post
            The top is not that heavy. I put the base together and flipped that up right then I put the top on it and put the bolts in it. I did it by my self same as the table saw.
            Same here...
            How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Comment

Working...
            X