X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ridgid Bandsaw

Jake will ridgid release a new ridgid band saw in 2003?
    Andy B.

No plans to release a new bandsaw at this time.

Jake

Comment

Would you tell us if there was? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michael

Comment

He can't...no word was passed on about the new SCMS when we were asking about it in Oct & Nov. They are usually sworn to secrecy until release time. I think they'll be releasing at least one new tool every year to stay current with the market.

Seeing that the new G0555 has created such a stir, you can bet on a new bandsaw in late '03.
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Have to agree with you there Kelly.
          I suspect a 1hp motor, as that is what everyone is crying for (should have cried for the 1 1/2hp all along), perhaps the quick release tension, a miter guage throw in. I don't expect the fence to be included though or the riser block. The optional cool blocks might come as extra packing as well.
          But I'm willing to bet to see an price increase to at least 449.
          I'm sticking my neck out here, but with all due respect, I've kept my eye on what we all have been wanting to see for an upgrade.
          One thing I will say, Ridgid DOES listen to it's customers, and they win my purchasing power for that alone. Any company willing to listen to the people that care about thier product and use it, and adjust thier market to suit it, is well worthy to hold spots in my shop!
          John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

It would be nice if they would give us a heads up on new products in development. I am getting ready to start looking for a bandsaw. If I knew Ridgid had a new one coming out, depending upon the specs I would probably be willing to wait (vs going with the Grizzly, Delta, or Jet). It would mean at least one (probably many) less lost sale(s) for them.
            Mark

Comment

I understand why they can't give advance notice about any tools. True it can allow people to wait (as I would because I'm considering a bandsaw purchase) but it might also cannibalize any current sales and not deplete any current inventory.

Still, I'd like a little "off the record comment" so I can abe sure to delay any bandsaw purchase to get a Ridgid one.

As far as Ridgid customer service goes, I truly believe they go far and beyond the call of duty in listening and helping their customers. Jake has done a great job and hope that he, and Emerson/Ridgig, continue to do so.

Michael

Comment

I'm watching the bs market closely too. In addition to all those goodies mention previous in this post, I would like to see an enclosed motor.

I still see several old ridgid model tools in my local 'Pot store. They have several DP1500. So far they are not willing to deal them even though the new model is out.

Steve

Comment

Well I just purchased a reconditioned Ridgid bandsaw for $325. I had a Grizzly on order and thought long and hard as to which saw I should get. The funny thing is that the Ridgid saw is rated at 3/4 hp and the new Grizzly at 1 hp but both saws are rated at the same amps. I went with the Ridgid because I know from experience that there customer service is excellent and If there where any problems I could return it locally. The saw is brand new and even had the packing grease on it. I believe that Rigid does listen to its customers. They have redesigned there tablesaw 2 times since 1998 upgrading the flaws in the earlier models. Delta nor Jet has not made any changes at all. This is my fourth Rigid purchase and will continue to purchase there products.
                  Grainraiser
                  Reggie

Comment

They're also not willing to deal out the 2424 table saws, even with the 3612s sitting on the shelves---both our local HDs have 2424s with broken handles on the fence---both are still there---only deal I ever saw HD make was when they were dropping the Rigid lathe.
                    Dave

Comment

Dave, dealing in HD seems to be at the behest of the store or department manager. At my local store they were selling-out the 2424 in November, $100 down on the prior $600 price.

David

Comment

Reggie,

Where did you get the reconditioned bandsaw? HD? If it was new, then how can it be reconditioned?

I need to be on the lookout for these. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michael

Comment

David---that store manager must be a rugged guy---I travel a lot and have been in at least 5 different Bay Area HDs and yours is the first to do that, that I've seen, and boy, I've seen a lot of 2424s around
                          Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X