Train Table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Table

This is not on the topic of equipment but I was not sure of where else to put it. I am trying to get ideas for a Thomas the Train table. My sons have a few of the sets and they are getting scattered so I figured I could make a table with some drawers in the bottom to store the pieces. I wanted to see if anyone has built one so I could get some ideas from. Thanks

Re: Train Table

So you are looking to build a table that has a Thomas the Train theme to it?

Maybe something like this?
    http://www.toy-train-table-plans-sto...ble-plans.html

The plans shown on the site don't have storage built into them, but it would be easy to add some underneath. Or maybe just make some open-top wooden boxes about 18Lx18Wx12H from birch plywood with casters on them that could be rolled under the table for storage.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thanks that is excatly what I was looking for

Comment

No Problemo. Merry Christmas.
        Now its time for the elves to get busy and crank out a table I think.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

"Now its time for the elves to get busy and crank out a table I think. "

There is only one elf and that is me I am going to try to get it done by Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by bert304 View Post
            "Now its time for the elves to get busy and crank out a table I think. "

There is only one elf and that is me I am going to try to get it done by Christmas
            That is exactly who and what I was referring to. :-)

Comment

We'll want to see photos when your done, you know.
              Steve
              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I know what you ment ha ha ha ha

I am running ideas on the table paint scheme. I am not a very good painter so I have to plan it carefully

Comment

Working...
                X