X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3612 arbor nut/wrench size?

Anyone know the exact size of the TS 3612 arbor nut and wrench? It seemed like about a 17/16th... can that be right?

There does not appear to be anything in the manual, nor any reference in a forum search, calling out the exact size (model number, yeah, but no size!). Some of you seasoned 3612 jocks may know this trivia off the top of your heads.

I would like to get a dedicated box/open wrench for the saw, and didn't get the OEM tool with the display. Hate to keep using the adjustable and I'd like to pick up a replacement on the way home.

I use a 1 - 1/16th inch wrench on my 3612. It's a very nice improvement over using the included stamped wrench and makes changing the blades quicker for me. In my area, Sears and Home Depot had wrenches in that size, while Lowe's stopped at 1" - just FYI if you haven't decided on a source yet.

Comment

Since I got a close-out 3612 for $369 with no wrench, I was using an adjustable. Then I measured the arbor nut with digital calipers and came up with a measurement of 1 1/16 inch and started looking for a dedicated wrench. Sears had that size wrench for $21, which I thought was excessive. But when I was in the Pep Boys Auto Store to buy an oil filter, I noticed that they had a really good open-end/box-end 1 1/16 inch wrench for only $8.49. It works a lot better than those stamped-out things, especially the box end. Try your local auto parts stores.
      Joe Spear

Comment

Thanks, guys... just wanted to make sure I recollected right, and that it wasn't metric or some weird non-standard thing.

I was planning on going to HD, but the auto parts suggestion is a good one and a couple of the big name branches are on my way to the Borg. I am planning to get just the single wrench and store it on or near the saw.

Comment

I use a Craftsman combo, in the 1 1/16" size called out by Stuart. Suggest not asking for a 17/16ths wrench, they may look at you funny.

Dave

Comment

They did look at me funny, but then people do that here all the time.

$10 on the way home (auto parts store) and now I have a nice 3612 wrench (great honkin' lifetime warranty combo thing) and thanks to y'all here. Fits like a charm.

Comment

I was at my local Wally World and they had a big box of large combo wrenches. I could not remember the correct size but I now have it. Will stopping by after work to pick up a 1 1/16 for my 2412.
              Grainraiser
              Reggie

Comment

If they're out of 1 1/16", ask them if they have any 17/16"...

Dave

Comment

I did the same thing after slipping on the nut. The 3650 wrench is about 1/2 the thickness of my 70's sears. I use both together to hold the shaft.

Comment

While you're at it, pick up a nice long 18/32" for the trunion bolts.
                    [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                    I wish we had gone metric a long time ago... woulda been cheaper and easier back in the 70s. My tiny brain is too focused on not cutting a finger off or breaking another drill bit off in the maple, to deal with fractions.

Comment

Working...
                    X