Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another TS3660 Question

Hi All,

New member and I really look forward to getting to know ya! I have been assembling my TS3660 and came across a problem with an adjustment in the instructions.

To Install Back Rail:
    Insert square head bolts (5/16-18 x 1 in.) into the holes
    on the back of the saw table and extension tables.

Attach flanged hex nut (5/16-18) loosely allowing the
    square bolt head to protrude.

Slide the back rail slot over each of the square head bolts
    and finger tighten the four nuts.

Place a framing square on either side of the blade. Move
    the back rail right or left until the indicator mark is aligned

with the framing square. Finger tighten the nuts.

What indicator mark are they referring to?

I have to say this is a well put tiger Table Saw, I and very impressed with the packaging and the fit and finish of the the saw.

I had one problem with starting it up. Had to chase the electrical problem to where the cord goes in the motor. Seems the wire nut were not connecting. Other than that, I have had a problem free Assembly.

Re: Another TS3660 Question

The indicator on my 3650 is a small red line at 7&1/8". It's printed on the measure tape that's attached to the front rail. This aligns the tape measure to the blade and will make the fence read true when using a blade with the same kerf as the one that came with the saw. Look for a small red line at 7&1/8" on the tape measure. Align the front rail so that mark is under the straight edge, then lock in the rail to the table. You should put the straight edge against the right side of the blade, and the mark should be just below the edge of the straight edge.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I have the front rail set.

The question was for the BACK rail. No marks that I can see.

Comment

On the TS3660 there is a little redish-orange line on a sticker stuck to the top of the rear rail. Maybe about 5/8" long or so.

And on the TS3660 I don't recall any extra marks on the tape. But it is possible through a combination of aligning the rail and the little gradicule magnifiers to get the fence to read accurately from one or both sides of the blade.

Comment

I was just looking for where to position the back rail to tighten in down. Can someone give me a measurement from the left side of the table?

Comment

I don't have the measurement, but it doesn't actually matter very much; just make sure your fence will work at the extreme settings. I do think there is a little red line on the top side of the back rail (stuck on with a sticker) that is supposed to line up with the blade. If that line lines up, the fence should work.

Also, the measurement in the manual didn't work out quite right for aligning my rail. I had to move the rail just a tad (either 1/8" or 1/4"). I found that easier than messing around with the cursors.

Comment

Ok, thanks for all the help guys!

I am taking home from work, my .03 dial indicator, precision square and some measuring blocks and get the saw dialed in tonite.

I had a real nice wood working shop when I lived in North Carolina, but I had to sell all the tools when I made my move back to Texas. I had a Ryobi Table saw then.....I can't wait to see how this Ridgid works!

Comment

Just looked at my 3660 ... the alignment mark is 14 1/4 inches from the right end of the rear rail when you're standing behind the saw. The mark is approximately lined up with the blade.

Like other responses noted, if the rip fence will move to its full capacity, you're good to go.

John

Comment

I remember that on my fence the sticker with the red line was off by some small but inconvenient amount, so I disregarded the instructions and I aligned the fence to match 1/16" to the right of 0 (zero)
                  In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I am trying to identify the correct part number for the Dado Throat Plate for the 3660. I have been able to find a Part Number AC1040 8" Dado Insert which the seller identifies as for the TS3650. Do any of you know if the part will also work in the TS3660?

Comment

Originally posted by 3660_Rookie View Post
                      I am trying to identify the correct part number for the Dado Throat Plate for the 3660. I have been able to find a Part Number AC1040 8" Dado Insert which the seller identifies as for the TS3650. Do any of you know if the part will also work in the TS3660?
                      Yes. See page 48 of the manual:
                      http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/77A2C9E...179_%20eng.pdf

Comment

I spent a little time looking around for that same part and just gave up and started making my own ZCI's for the 10" blade and for the stack dado head. A router in a table plus a flush trimming bit does the trick. Same as everybody else that does this, just double stick tape the stock orange plate down to a rough cut 1/2" blank and shaped it. The little square tab left at the end I just knock off with a rasp. Then used a 6p nail into the end of the plate to mimic the tab. Drill a hole and countersink at the other end and done. Shim as needed with tape to level the plate.

If you don't have a router and table to make these, you can either use this an excuse to get one or see if you can find somebody close by that has one you could borrow or would help you make up a handfull.

Comment

Originally posted by rwyoung View Post
                          If you don't have a router and table to make these, you can either use this an excuse to get one or see if you can find somebody close by that has one you could borrow or would help you make up a handfull.
                          If you have the router, but not the table a piece of plywood and a hole saw suffice. This is how I made my ZCIs.
                          Attachment
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                            If you have the router, but not the table a piece of plywood and a hole saw suffice. This is how I made my ZCIs.
                            Attachment
                            Yep, that too! All in all, a good excuse to get a router and some bits if you didn't already have one.

"But the router is not just another tool, its safety equipment!"
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well, as is almost always the case, user error is the problem.

I put the fence on and it was not locking down.

Come to find out, I had installed the back rail upside down. D'oh

I installed it correctly and low and behold...the indicator mark.

Anyway...The saw is now set up and cuts great.

I am with .005 along the fence and everything else seems to be running.

Now, What will my first project be?

Thanks everyone for putting up with my dumb ***.

Comment

Working...
                              X