No announcement yet.

What do you use for dust collection??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you use for dust collection??

I have the HF dc. I built the Wood mag cyclone and mounted the motor and impeller atop it. Ran 6" hvac duct to 4" drops with blast gates. Works well.
    It doesn't get what Bill Pentz's website says but I don't have to sweep much. Hooked up to a wall switch in a central location. It is very quiet except when chunks are bangin' in the funnel. One gate open at a time, TS , planer, RAS, chop saw, sanding table. BS ,DP to shop vac with foot operated switch and drum sander to standard shop vac.
    Last edited by dmule1; 04-12-2007, 11:19 AM. Reason: hyper link missing

DAN

Comment

I too use a shop vac.

I do plan on getting a true dust collection system when time/money permits.

Regards,

Comment

I have a Delta 50-850 that I use for chip/dust collection from my planner and jointer. I use a Sears shop vac to collect dust from my TS, BS and router table. For sanding I use a smaller shop vac attached to the sander and if the piece is big or I have a lot of smaller parts to sand, I set up a box fan with a furnace filter taped to it next to where I am sanding. I have a Delta Shopmaster hanging from the ceiling. What I don't do as often as I should is use a dust mask.

I would like to find a good system for use with a hand held router. I dovetail a lot of drawers and use a PC jig and their templates. No matter what I try I still seem to be covered with shavings and dust from my waist down to my shoes and the floor below where I am working is a mess. Its a real nusiance

Comment

I have basically the same unit as the Wood Meister but from Delta, model 50-850 I think it is with the canister filter. Works great! I like the can filter over the bag type. I added a platform to hold a 30 gal metal trash can and have a separator mounted on the can so it works like a two stage machine. I can roll the entire unit around the shop if I need to without dragging the trash can behind. I usually leave it setup in the corner and have the shop piped to all my tools (TS, BS, RAS, SCMS, Belt/Disc Sander, Joiner, Planer). I use a remote that I got at ACE Hardware for $12.99 a couple years ago [
          Lamson Outdoor Wireless Switch (Hw2190)]. It is designed for outdoor seasonal lighting and is rated for 1500W. I bought it after Christmas when it was marked down from $24.99. I liked it so much I bought another that I have connected to a fan in the shop window that I use in the summer to cool off the shop. I clip the remote to the DC on my belt and I can turn it on/off from over 75 feet away.
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
          X