Let's see some project pics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TOD
    I love the chess board. Did you turn the pieces or buy them?
    I wish I could have turned them....dang things were 50 bucks But the friend I gave the board to really enjoyed it so I guess that's all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by woodslayer
      Real nice work Kevin, I have to agree with the others, that chessboard is a beauty, the figure of that wood is exceptional. What is the black and white piece that separates the board and the case made from?

Woodslayer
      It's a piece of pre-made inlay that I got at Rockler. If I still had the board around (given to a friend) I'd take a close up picture for you. Maybe this is better?

Comment

• I'm baaacccckkk!!

Thanks for sharing, all you guys. That is some beautiful work.
        I may actually be able to post a pic of the new crib soon.
        I had to get a new (used) hard drive installed on my computer. The darn thing is only 8 yrs old!!
        This is such a great thread, I think everyone should send a case of beer to the genius that started it. What y'all think?
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

• Good idea on the brew, what address should we send it to??

Lorax, maybe you could request Josh to make this thread a sticky so it stays at the top of the list in the topic area.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

• Hi all, some beautiful work i'm seeing. Kevin how do you get poplar to look like that ?

Comment

• Just for you Lorax!!!!

info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

• It's kinda crude but it's a means to an end.

I bought 4 2x4's and used some scrap wood to make this table. The Skil saw was under $40, the conduit and other electrical parts cost less then $5. So in all $56 isn't bad for a worktable that doubles as a mite saw stand and table saw. Just need to finish the blade guard and rip fence. In a few weeks I'll add the pictures of the high chair for my son.
                Name:  294547fed003227c38fd99dfeb0f8a0a.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  52.1 KB
                Last edited by Polar Sparky 1224; 04-30-2006, 11:30 AM.
                "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

• Just this little cabinet.

Oh well just this but after 10 years of not building one I feel good.

To many maybe not as good as the work I have seen here but still I guess I

Can still do it.

Thanks
                  for looking

http://community.webshots.com/album/547819067gYloUl/2
                  Not responsible for speeling mistakes
                  Jeff

Comment

• Does anyone feel like the guy riding his bicycle to work , and everyone else has nice looking sports cars?

I see these pictures of cabinets and tables and I almost feel like i should be working with duct tap and Popsicle sticks.

Comment

• Word Sparky!... Word.

I'm hearin' ya Sparkster.
                      I'm still just trying to make stuff for the shop never the less beautiful furniture like this.
                      Someday, maybe.
                      Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

• Just needed a little boost

Originally posted by papadan
                        Thanks pawpaw, That was just what I needed to finish this thing, except I still have to apply the finish.

So now you can have one on me.

Lorax

Comment

• Lorax if you giving out drinks for completing a project, can you send me a 12 pack of A&W Cream Soda when I finish the highchair?

Comment

• munch on these

Did you know that Jelly Belly makes A&W Cream Soda jelly beans?

yum yum
                            Lorax

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorax
                              Did you know that Jelly Belly makes A&W Cream Soda jelly beans?

yum yum
                              Now you're just taunting me! First the crib pictures, now the jelly bellies. Curse you and your deranged sense of humor!!!!!

Given time I'll have you drooling over the pictures of what I've made.
                              And you'll still owe me a CREAM SODA!

Comment

• Originally posted by procrastinator
                                Hi all, some beautiful work i'm seeing. Kevin how do you get poplar to look like that ?
                                I used a water based dye, then shellac, then an oil/poly on top....

Comment

Working...
                                X