X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gad Zooks!

That looks like some darn tedious work L.
    But that's a sharp looking crib. I can't wait to see the finish on it.
    Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

• Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
      I bought 4 2x4's and used some scrap wood to make this table. The Skil saw was under $40, the conduit and other electrical parts cost less then $5. So in all $56 isn't bad for a worktable that doubles as a mite saw stand and table saw. Just need to finish the blade guard and rip fence. In a few weeks I'll add the pictures of the high chair for my son.
      Pretty handy and easy. I made this a while back from an idea out of Shop Notes and it's really handy. It's got two stops on each end, plus a set of long extension wings that aren't in the picture, but give you a 6-foot support on each end. The whole thing comes apart and the wings in the picture slide into the body for easy transport.

And it all magically fit on an old aquarium stand that I didn't need anymore after I built a new one. Don't ask me why I painted it white, it was the only can of paint I had around at the time.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Some great looking work, guys. Mr Lorax, the rays in the stiles and cross pieces of that crib look awesome (as does the carvings on the ends) I do hope you're not going to cover them up with milk-paint or the like (altho I guess "milk" paint would be appropriate for a crib!)
        Last edited by Gofor; 05-01-2006, 07:33 PM.
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

• Thanks Gofor.
          The wood is cherry. 100% clear both sides, 100% red one side, almost 100% red on the other side. Had to drive 150 miles one way to buy it. The lower half of the end caps is curly maple, just for a little contrast.The carvings I picked up from Meisel for $6.50 each! It's got a clear poly finish on it now. 4 coats down, 2 to go.
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

• Originally posted by Cephus
            Pretty handy and easy. I made this a while back from an idea out of Shop Notes and it's really handy. It's got two stops on each end, plus a set of long extension wings that aren't in the picture, but give you a 6-foot support on each end. The whole thing comes apart and the wings in the picture slide into the body for easy transport.

And it all magically fit on an old aquarium stand that I didn't need anymore after I built a new one. Don't ask me why I painted it white, it was the only can of paint I had around at the time.
            Hope you don't mind but what issue?

Saved photo
            Thanks
            Not responsible for speeling mistakes
            Jeff

Comment

• Well after finding my lost cd of some project pics I will try to post one here to see what you all think.....
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Reef12
                Hope you don't mind but what issue?
                I don't remember what issue I got it out of, but it was reprinted in the latest Small Shops Guide that they did a couple months ago. I modified it with a moveable fence (my saw has an adjustable depth fence so the extension fences move as well), put on two stops on each end that will extend out to 30 inches max, plus I put on some long extensions that are two 3/8" rods that fit into holes already drilled in the side wings when you flip them over to store them inside the base, that extends the table out to almost 6' for chopping molding, etc. If I did more of that, I'd have tried to come up with an integral jig to hold the molding at the correct angle.

I think it took a weekend to build, and most of that was painting. Total cost was around $40, but I did have some of the wood already. All of the knobs come from Rockler, but as you can see in the picture, I was one knob short so I've just got a carriage bolt for the left side lower stop. I'll replace it next time I'm down at Rockler. It's not fancy, but it works.

Comment

• Mmmmm, LaBatt's Blue, haven't had one of those in a long time.

The crib Looks great Lorax.
                  Nice work.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

• Heres some shutters i just finished for my honey,a touch more paint and they are good to go!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Great job on the shutters nelz!

Comment

• Wow....after perusing all the project pics I'm beginning to get an inferiority complex!
                        “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

• here's what i have so far done on the high chair. I used my "table saw" to make the legs and what will be the arm rests and back. I'm thinking of using a polyurethane clear finish. Any other idea's?
                          Attachment
                          Attachment
                          Keep in mind I never took wood shop in high school, so I'm really learning on my own how to do this.
                          Attached Files
                          "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                          "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

• wow; nice work papajohn

Comment

• Extreme birdhouses and lawn ornaments

Hi everyone here are some projects made from reclaimed wood. here is a link to more of my work. http://community.webshots.com/user/cranbrook2
                              thanks for looking
                              john
                              Attached Files
                              John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

• VERY.VERY NICE
                                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                                X