Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livin' Large!

Holy Cow John! Those are awesome!
    The gosh darn birds over there are living better than i am!!!

Very cool!
    Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

• Thank you

Thank you gentlemen.
      The birds are moving in them faster then i can build them. They are nesting like crazy right now.
      I even have them trying to get in before i get them off the ground.
      thanks again
      john
      John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Comment

• Hey John, welcome. I recognize those beautiful houses from the CHW site
        You should post your websites for these folks

Comment

• Nice projects being shown here.......

PolarSparky,
          A chair is something I have never attempted due to not having enough patience or maybe too many curves or set up time.
          Your little chair will probably get a lot of use when it is finished and as time goes on will be appreciated by the user when he/she gets grows up and reflects back on life.

I need to try to load a picture or two if I can figure out this computer, nothing fancy but usable Pine furniture the wife and I have used for many years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedball
            Nice projects being shown here.......

Polar Sparky,
            A chair is something I have never attempted due to not having enough patience or maybe too many curves or set up time.
            Your little chair will probably get a lot of use when it is finished and as time goes on will be appreciated by the user when he/she gets grows up and reflects back on life.

I need to try to load a picture or two if I can figure out this computer, nothing fancy but usable Pine furniture the wife and I have used for many years.
            I'm just figuring it out as i go but i do hope it will last for a long time. If it does then there is one less "made in china" chair around the house. When i finish this then I'll make a copy of it with better wood.
            "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
            "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

• John, How high up are the old stumps that you mounted the houses on? I've got two tall water oaks I have to remove before hurricane season and puttign a couple avian condos on tehm would be great!!

Also, in keeping with the thread, here's a prototype end table. If LOML likes it and the dimensions of everything proves usuable, I'll be making more out of better wood than pine (PS1224: I'm another one that makes a trial version, too!)

Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

• Thanks Wayne.
                Gofor ,the post i use are 12 ft long. i dig down 4 ft by hand and leave 8 ft exposed.
                it takes 2 guys about an hour to mount one using a farm tractor with forks.
                these 2 houses are 5 1/2 ft and 9 ft wide and both will go on single post. just a matter of balance. the 9 ft house will also have a arched tunnel through the center for the birds to fly through.
                http://community.webshots.com/user/cranbrook2
                Attached Files
                John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

Comment

• John, All I can say is they're awesome. Are these martins. wrens, ?? Houses that big could support some of our turkey buzzards!!
                  Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

• Thanks Gofor
                    i am just learning the different types of birds. i have read that the size of holes will determine the types of birds they will attract. i think for martins the holes have to be 2 - 2 1/2 " in diameter.
                    thanks again
                    john
                    http://community.webshots.com/user/cranbrook2
                    John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

Comment

• Here's another box I just finished. It's tiger maple and mahogany.

Last edited by NewfGuy; 06-30-2006, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I made this "tack" cabinet to store dog grooming stuff in. It will be donated to silent auction in June to raise money for Newfoundland dog rescue.

Comment

• Our little thread is back where it started.

Originally posted by Lorax
                          I may actually be able to post a pic of the new crib soon.
                          I had to get a new (used) hard drive installed on my computer. The darn thing is only 8 yrs old!!
                          Tah Dah!!

Last edited by Lorax; 05-19-2006, 01:26 PM.
                          Lorax
                          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

• Will ya look at that!

Nice!
                            So what did you do finish-wise on that bad boy?
                            Any detail pictures to share?
                            Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

• NewfGuy

Once again, truly nice work, your quality and style of work really makes me yearn for an Incra set-up.

Woodslayer

Comment

• Nice job Lorax. Now hurry up and make 2 more. Maybe Josh will be willing to send you some Ridgid stuff for a trade?
                                Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
                                X