Let's see some project pics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let's see some project pics!

very nice Josh! im sure the kids will love em later in life also.

Comment

For my first project I made a lecturn for my daughter-in-law who just started her teaching career.

Name:  930c3f8e8d1852b2b0ff7640a312fbb6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  127.0 KB

Name:  b8c72966ec248a3b729008140d3e766c.jpg
Size:  110.0 KB

Name:  43d81a4e2b2aabcf4fe12ba343ac5f6f.jpg
Size:  129.5 KB

Used Ridgid Table Saw, Router, and Sander.

DWC

Comment

Originally posted by mreza View Post
        Thanks all; as I said there are things that I know are not very good. For example, for the side-to-front panel joint, I was initially thinking of doing a miter joint with enforcement from inside. But then changed the plan and had to add that half round piece to cover the joint. Not a very good job here. I guess things get better with experience.

Firstly, the chest isn't that great. There are some flaws seen when you look very closely. Secondly, I certainly had built other things before, e.g. did the deck and fence for our new house this past summer. I also built several jigs for the shop (they are very handy). I built a couple of other small things (like a paper towel holder) and all these are helping me improve my skills but there are lots of things to learn and I think you should not give up at all.
        I feel a tiny bit better. There is hope for me too!
        Stay well and play well.
        Skip

Comment

Here's a couple of projects:

Comment

Here are a couple of projects that I have done. The table was done with the help of my recently purchased TS3650.

I work with cypress, mostly sinker cypress. The darker part of the table is sinker with the lighter being new growth. The bookcase is sinker except for the back which is cypress plywood.

Ted
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow, I envy you all. Very nice work. I'm going to focus on finishing setting up my shop and next year with the new house budget I'll hopefully get started on some projects. Love to see the pics.
              No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

Hiya TeddyB

Very nice work

Thanx for sharing.
                Cheers! - Jim
                -------------
                All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Hi guys, brand new member as of about an hour ago. I just love looking at other peoples projects and I must say there are some great craftsmen here.

Here is a link to my projects.

http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Thanks for looking,
                  Grant

Comment

This is a bed tray I made from a few old pieces of oak.

The inlay is cherry, walnut and yellow heart on poplar. The finish is tung oil.

Doug
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by eggcrate; 09-08-2007, 11:14 PM. Reason: sized pics

Comment

• Summer project #1

Maple countertop for our island, along with 4 stools. Made from reclaimed hard maple bumber board from work.

Name:  35739f9afbee89b69e57976056235af6.jpg
Size:  100.6 KB
                      Name:  f0253a3bf6b2675cb4a197861f29000a.jpg
Size:  86.7 KB
                      Name:  a592231602516ffdc2deeb8b16fea191.jpg
Size:  80.7 KB
                      Name:  b7c8a91321f971ef32352b52db601aec.jpg
Size:  79.3 KB

Comment

• Summer project #2

Hope chest for my daughter's HS graduation made from wine vat QSWO from the Widmer wineries.
                        Attached Files

Comment

man! its been a while since i visited this site! attached are some pics of my work bench that i just complete. started back in jan 07, and stopped for a few months in between and just restarted finally and have it almost finished.

basically, i designed this bench so that i ended up having cantilevers at the base that are approx. 1'-6" long. the bench is finished with gloss finish polyurethane. just put the last coat on this morning on the top and the doors.

the top was done as it is to utilize a 1.5" thick maple counter top that i got from a friend who redid his kitchen island. so the remainder of the top is made up of (2) layers of 3/4" mdf. the edges of the top is trimmed out with 7/8" thick x 2.5" tall hard maple that were mitered at the end to match. the top meansures about 38.5" x 9'-0" long.

the cabinet below is about 24" tall x 30" deep. the cabinet area is divided into three sections:

* the (4) doors on the left is divided into two sections with an adjustable shelf. this is going to hold most of my tool (w/o cases).
                          * the right hand bay holds (4) drawers: (2) are 3" tall and (2) are 7" tall.
                          * the left hand bay (which is open) is going to hold two stools that i still have to make.

there is a 5.5" tall section between the top and cabinet section. that area is going to be used to store hand tools out of the way when using the table top for a project.

the left top cantilever is about 1'-4" and that is where i still have to install a 9" face vice that i got from HF. the 2nd HF 9" modified vice is going to be installed at the end of the table lenght wise at the right side (drawer bay end).

the vertical legs are made out of pine. the outside four are made out of 2x4's and the middle four are made out pairs of 2x4's. the legs were mortised into the bottom frame and into the top plate that supports the table top. the interior legs was connected to the base using biscuits, pocket holes and a recessed mortise connection -- too wierd to explain. i may have some pictures that i could post at a later date if i can find any.

just when i was taking the pictures, i noticed i forgot to put a filler piece between the cabinet doors (there is about an inch wide gap).

some boo boos that you might not see in the pictrues: when making the top, all three pieces were suppose to fit snuggly with no gaps (back in march) but right now there is this big gap that i dont know what to do with (see picture). also when i was mitering the trim around the table top, i messed up the miters and they dont close on two opposite corners. i just left them as is. that is the first time i ever did a miter joint.
                          Attached Files

omar

Comment

here are the last two pics
                            Attached Files

omar

Comment

I thought that you guys might be interested in this. This is not a project of mine. I have a friend who is a contractor and has a custom millwork shop with 2 CNC machines that did the work that you see. This is all relief work not applied moldings. In other words, the CNC machine carved out the design that you see here. It was breathtaking to see this. These are panels for interior doors made from South American mahoganey. The doors are 8 or 9' tall and 2 1/2" thick. One of the photos is an actual door.

TeddyB
                              Attached Files

Comment

3 cutting boards I finished this week.

Finish sanded and untreated.
                                Name:  fcb37d0daa7105563e68531695cadaeb.jpg
Size:  53.4 KB

For my sisters birthday next weekend - Curly Maple and Purple Heart
                                Name:  e9989e16b2252794b485722d90c76c34.jpg
Size:  46.6 KB

For a coworkers wife and their anniversary on Monday - Oak and Walnut
                                Name:  e7f0f1ed545450f3d35680f53d0a090e.jpg
Size:  43.6 KB

For my mom just because I thought she needed one - Walnut, Curly Maple and Cherry
                                Name:  25907c8efce0ee945ba64f157ebad74b.jpg
Size:  43.7 KB

Thanks for looking,
                                Grant Davis

Comment

Working...
                                X