Let's see some project pics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent gift project

I made this clipboard about a year ago as a gift. Just found the photos on my HD so figured I would post them.

Made from a piece of walnut I resawed. Then 4 or 5 coats of poly top finish it off.

Name:  15305fd88566f1692a26d0addb827929.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  14.9 KB Name:  885fe3dd5f77178f47ccb47cf4f1d16a.jpg
Size:  14.6 KB
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

• Re: Let's see some project pics!

Very Perdy Bob, the grains look cool.....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Here's a Demilune table I recently made for LOML.

Comment

Looks like a lot of love went into that project. Really beautiful table, Great job!

Mike
          ----------------------
          Mike

Shop Table Saw Use the Right Tool for the Job!

Comment

Not very good pictures but this was small project for me to practice with my new router table a few weeks ago. Cheap pine bookcase but it was a great starter project and I learned alot.

I am amazed at all the moulding cuts you can do with a router.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

The closet was the first project with the new saw!! Still have to put the other 3 drawers in and touch up that little spot towards the bottom of the tower. and yes, the shelf that the tower sits on is slightly bowed (even though it was doubled-up MDF), but it is braced underneath with a piece on edge. The bed was made last year. The design was taken from a platform bed we found online that sold for $1300 (and it was RTA furniture)!! Cost to build our bed? $130-ish!!

Name:  1083751e9ed11003499cb16ae177db55.jpg
Size:  114.5 KB Name:  ad7bfd45402f2366921814f3c4f9244f.jpg
Size:  104.7 KB

Comment

Originally posted by NewfGuy View Post
                  Here's a Demilune table I recently made for LOML.

Newfguy looks nice as always

hows the dogs doing
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

This project is a very simple box, it is my new patch panel for the structured wiring in my house. The case is made from 3/4" AC plywood, the face frame is 1x2 common pine. The thing I am most happy about this project is that it was my first piece of case work; I managed to get it all out of 1 sheet of plywood (cutlist is nice for this); and had good enough planning that I was able to use the same setup for each cut that was supposed to be the same length.

Existing tools used: TS3650, CMS, Jig Saw, and cordless drill/driver.
                    New Tool: RIDGID 2" hole saw (to cut the grommet hole, so that the power cables can be neatly routed through the bottom and to the outlet up top rather than crossing the front.

It replaces an old one that I made out of MDF.

The old one ran out of slots; was so high you needed a ladder to plug things in and out; wasn't very neat; and the weight of the shelf made it sag.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice job cpw.

What a difference in before and after.
                      Plenty of room for expansion as well.

Dave

Comment

Looks good, cpw! I should really redo ours....it's getting pretty messy. Thanks for the motivation. Now I just need the shop time.
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                          Looks good, cpw! I should really redo ours....it's getting pretty messy. Thanks for the motivation. Now I just need the shop time.
                          Thanks. It was actually very quick at least using power tools only took about an hour and a half to do all the cutting, pocket holes, and pinning. The painting actually took quite a bit longer.
                          Originally posted by Davet View Post
                          Nice job cpw.

What a difference in before and after.
                          Plenty of room for expansion as well.

Dave
                          Thanks Dave. There is plenty of room for expansion, but between 3-5 of those extra plates are already accounted for.

I can also drill/jig saw out a few more if need be, but wanted to leave room for a computer (so that I can setup Mythtv if I ever get the motivation).

Comment

Oak aquarium stand, curved door was new for me. Beveled each piece on jointer, used only glue on stand but screwed door in three places with Kreg jig.

Richard
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, Capehorn! You might have a future as a cooper (barrel-maker). That kind of curving is a real talent.
                              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks, check out my Yak.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X