Let's see some project pics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let's see some project pics!

Levon, I also built this out feed table, has really helped. I added a set of three drawers on the right end that I store table saw related stuff in. It added a lot of weight on that lever, but I only lift and roll it around infrequently. Looks good.

Comment

capehorn

i want to store zci inserts on one end and saw baldes on the other. i also thought of making a shellf to store some other table saw accessories on the left side looking at the back of the unit. i was a little surprised at the length of the table, but i had such a small work bench, it does make a nice assembly table. i do think the table is super. i dont have to hook it to the saw and it doesnt add storage problems to the saw itself , as does an outfeed table that hooks onto the saw and then folds down. its probably harder to build, but to me its worth it. it took me several weeks to build, but im completely satisfied with the unit.

Comment

Levon, where did you get plans for that outfeed table? I'm assuming that it raises and lowers so that it ends up being the same height as your table saw, correct? How does that work?

Comment

beardking you are correct. when you lower the levers it sets the table at the height of the saw, when raised it stores above the saw. it is somewhat of a challenge to build and mine is not perfect, but i do love the way it works. i got the plans from a back issue of wood magazine. i have the the issue # of wood magazine. if you would like info i would gladly send it. also if i were building it again i have some ideas that i would do differently, which you might want to try . i think it would make it easier.

Comment

This is an Entertainment Center that I just finished.

The middle cabinet is actually two stacked cabinets for easier moving from shop to great room. I did not use flipper doors as I wanted to maximize the interior width for a future wide screen TV.

The curio cabinet door panels are glass with press on lead strips

I used cherry and cherry plywood and stained with Watco Danish oil cherry and covered this with Watco Danish oil natural. After a week for this to dry, I added two coats of water based polyeurathane.
            Last edited by billmoy; 11-25-2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

billmoy - that is one fine piece of furniture. How long did it take from start to finish?

Comment

Hello Pez

Purchased the lumber in February 2008 and stickered it.

Planed it in March and started construction.

This was my first project using furniture grade hardwoods so I took my time.

Cases and doors were completed in July and finishing was done during August.

Top and bottom moldings were machined and installed in September.

Comment

I've done most of the woodworking on my daughters high chair. I need to replace the top seat with a new one (it is splitting across some of the figure), but have been swamped between work and the lawn for the last month. I also have to put on the poly.

The chair from the front:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	fullchair.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	616646

From the back, which shows off the curved back supports better:

Name:	back.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	616648

And this shows the dowel joint for the legs and the stretchers that are mortised into the legs, and connected with cross dowels.

Name:	legs.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	616647

Comment

Nice work, cpw! That looks like a great seat. Did you bend the back supports yourself?

If the seat is splitting across the grain, would you be replacing the single-board seat with a multiple board glue-up to eliminate that problem?
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                      Nice work, cpw! That looks like a great seat. Did you bend the back supports yourself?
                      Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, they are thin laminations I resawed on the 3650, then I spread glue out on them using a $2 paint roller, encased the whole shebang in aluminum foil, and clamped them between two halves of an MDF form. I used about 1/2 a bottle of Titebond on those two pieces and the 2 prototypes out of 2x4s.

If the seat is splitting across the grain, would you be replacing the single-board seat with a multiple board glue-up to eliminate that problem?
                      Only one of them is splitting, the one with the nicer (read more complicated, probably weaker) grain pattern. I've thought about screwing cleats on a new one. The other thing I don't know is if I can get 1/4" oak. I've thought about ply, but that would probably be too lose, and a full sheet is going to be in the neighborhood of $70-90 here. I don't know if I could get a partial sheet (say 2'x4'), which would be ideal. My current plan is to go with the same design, but make an extra so that if it does break I can redesign.

One nice thing about this chair is that it is all knockdown so I can actually fix it later if need be (and it adjusts as they grow).

Comment

here is my island with concrete countertops. also the entire kitchen with the tops was finished with my ts3650

just got the backsplash on
                        Last edited by 89ragtopgt; 12-22-2008, 01:47 PM.

Comment

That's a beautiful kitchen. My wife also liked it a lot.

Comment

Very, very nice.

We have been debating the counter top issue. What swung your vote in favor of concrete?

Tom

Comment

Here is a coffee table I just finished it is also my first big project on the TS3650

tell me what you think

Comment

Originally posted by bert304 View Post
                                Here is a coffee table I just finished it is also my first big project on the TS3650

tell me what you think
                                Very nice. What did you use for materials? How did you do the mortises for those vertical pieces on the side?

We've got a mission style dining set, and something like that would go perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X