Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Below is my latest finished project. All materials, except for stain glass 'window' are recycled from other projects. Plywood and Lexan on back are to protect the boyz (and the stain glass) from local morons and their bb and pellet guns. Plywood will be removed when my 6 foot cedar fence is up, across the back. I'll be growing a clematis up the trellis.

Nolo illigitamati carborundum

Comment

Hey guys,
      Max has a cat house in his back yard.

That is really cool.

[ 05-17-2005, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Yo Pimp...Uh...I mean Max, cool cat house there. LOL
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Razorback:
          [QB] here is a night stand i built last year

Razorback,
          I really like the country look of your nightstand. Is that a milk paint finish?
          Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by hewood:
            The pics in Yahoo don't end with a .jpg or .gif, etc., do I need to post them on some special domain or server first? [/QB]
            Hewood,
            I'm tryin'to figger it out. Will get back to you.
            Lorax

Comment

Thanks.
              It is just a satan black that i sanded the edges to give a worn look. The plan for the stand itself was from a Wood mag articale. I tweeked it a bit to match the headbord that is not in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback:
                Thanks.
                It is just a satan black.
                That's a devil of a color!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                Lorax

Comment

OK Lorax, this former "DA" is going to try again thanks to you! I appreciate the enlightenment!

[ 05-19-2005, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

Hewood,
                    Wow! Really beautiful work! Well worth the wait.
                    Glad I could help you get them posted. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Lorax

Comment

Hewood

WOW!!

Max
                      Nolo illigitamati carborundum

Comment

sorry for the monster sized pic, but this is one of my recent quick projects for my wife. Quarter sawn black walnut and hand made paper.

Comment

srs,
                          That is a beautiful and unique design. Nice job. What exactly is it? What are the actual dimensions? Quick project? Yeah, right. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                          Lorax

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. It is a table lamp about 12 inches tall. I took the basic design from a magazine article I read last fall. I think I built it in a little over a weekend. I am working on a 6 foot tall floor standing version as well, but paying jobs keep interrupting... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I made these child sized rocking chairs as christmas presents for my brother's daughters, they are made from ash and knock down into 4 parts for easy shipping. I spent about 2 weeks designing and building the pair. Oh, and the bright yellow stain was at the request of Ruthie - with her mother's blessing!

[ 05-20-2005, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: srs ]

Comment

WELL ! ! ,
                              I go away for a few days and you guys let my thread slide way down the list! Well, you aint gettin' away that easy. So let's see those projects! If I have to post pics of my bluebird houses to keep this thread alive, I will. I mean it! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: srs,
                              Those rocking chairs are beautiful, and your nieces look like little angels. You must be one proud uncle.

[ 06-01-2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
                              Lorax

Comment

You asked for it .... they will only allow 8 so here we go

[ 06-02-2005, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: wbrooks ]

Comment

Working...
                                X