Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a sofa table i just finished this week. [IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

wbrooks, it that the Freud router bit cabinet I see there? If so did you build it per the plans or did you alter or change anything? Last time I was at Woodcraft the Freud rep was there and tehy were handing out free plans for a router bit cabinet, the flip side of the plan had a chart that looked similar to the one in your photo.

Comment

Wbrooks, Love that cedar chest.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Razorback,
          Beautiful job on that table.

wbrooks,
          Great job on all those projects.
          Where have I seen that recycle center before?
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

wbrooks (or anyone else):

When you are joining boards, as for example for a table top, is it sufficient to have a jointer? Or do you also need a planer? I look forward to a time when I can build the kind of pieces each of you have shared here.

WI Troy

Comment

Bob. The plans are from December 2003 Wood Magazine but were developed with the help of Freud (The chart on the door) so I would imagine it would be the same plans that freud is handing out. The only thing I changed was the door, I made a raised panel door instead of the flat panel in the plans. Also the plans call for using a 9/16" forstner bit to create the the holes for your 1/2" bits. I found that to be far too sloppy and went with a 1/2". The bits are quite snug but have always come out in any season.

Comment

WI Troy, those two tools go hand in hand but there are several ways to accomplish tasks in woodworking. When I started (cedar blanket chest above) I only had a Router and a RAS so I took a wood working course at the local trade school just to use their jointer, planer, shaper and stroke sander.
                I also built a few projects using my router with a straight cutter and a strait edge to joint the boards for glue up.

BTW thanks for the complements all

Comment

I JUST FINISHED THIS TODAY!!!!

Comment

Beautiful job. I love the contrasting wood colors and grain. Aint that curly maple fun to work with?
                    Lorax

Comment

Thanks
                      frustating but the results keep me coming back [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-26-2005, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: godsmacker ]

Comment

Man, I'll be glad when this thread gets a page 2! Do you have any idea how long it takes to download with a lousy 26.4 dial-up? Well, it's a looooong time, believe me. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                        Lorax

Comment

Here's a table I built for a friend, he did the tile work. I'll see if this works.
                          Ross
                          Yahoo

Comment

nice table.

that's is similar to what I had in mind for my next project.

Comment

Great table. Is it dining room size?

PAGE 2.....WAHOOOOO!
                              Lorax

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments, it's 73" x 35". Here's a few more photo's of the construction if you're interested.
                                Regards
                                Ross
                                Yahoo

Comment

Working...
                                X