Let's see some project pics!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One More

Hi Guys - some pictures of a workbench I recently completed. Yeah, it's a mess.

The top is 3/4 inchMDF finished with tung oil. The legs and stringers are 3/4 inch birch ply.
    Attached Files
    "Dad, E means empty, NOT broken" - my cousin Doug, to his dad after the tractor ran out of diesel and Ed claimed the gas gauge was broken.

Comment

• Very nice, leer! What vice did you use?
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

• Nice Job

Very nice. Do you have plans for this that you can share?

Thanks,
        Frank

Originally posted by cjh20
        And Lorax found that site using a dial-up internet connection. Or maybe he got high speed for his birthday?

Bob, great work! I really like the table lamp and look forward to seeing the floor model.

Here's a bed I made this fall.

Name:  2035f6ba20a1b25172ab053837abeccf.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  42.0 KB

Comment

• thanks

Thanks FSK. The plans came from Woodsmith Vol 18 #108. There is also a web site out there someplace that had step by step instructions and some adjustments. I thought it was Woodbutchering with Scott, but the site isn't active right now.

Comment

• Work bench

Hi Sandy.

The vice I used is a cheapie Samona, 9 inch quick release. I suspect it is a Taiwanese knock off of something better, but the price was pretty good. I faced the jaws with some left over red oak that I had laying around.

Plans for this table, if that is what Frank is after, are in the Fine Woodworking Annual Issue ( Winter 2005/2006) also known as No. 181.

All I have to do now is knock about an inch off each leg - somehow I got 36 1/2 inches into 37 1/2. OOPS!
            "Dad, E means empty, NOT broken" - my cousin Doug, to his dad after the tractor ran out of diesel and Ed claimed the gas gauge was broken.

Comment

• You read my mind...

Hey leer13,

I was looking for cjh20's bed plans (thanks cjh20), but I was going to ask you where you got the plans for that bench. Thanks for those too.

Frank

Originally posted by leer13
              Hi Sandy.

The vice I used is a cheapie Samona, 9 inch quick release. I suspect it is a Taiwanese knock off of something better, but the price was pretty good. I faced the jaws with some left over red oak that I had laying around.

Plans for this table, if that is what Frank is after, are in the Fine Woodworking Annual Issue ( Winter 2005/2006) also known as No. 181.

All I have to do now is knock about an inch off each leg - somehow I got 36 1/2 inches into 37 1/2. OOPS!

Comment

• Weekend projects

Wow, nice finish pics. All in the rough here and wysiwyg. Cool boat swamp guy, that is on my to do list

The hip is a planter/ hanger to cap the stump of an old aspen. I'm stumped with this stump, anyone got a suggestion to make it go away without having to dig it up? The adirondack is from handyman magazine, and the bench is actually a mini bench maybe for flower pots, etc...The windows (vinyl inserts with exterior trim) were replaced late last year.

The spigot in the background is the next on the list. The other one on the opposite side of the house was easy to get to but this one is inside the finished basement w/ popcorn ceiling.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by tkholck; 04-24-2006, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• Here's some projects I've done over the past year...

Two poplar end tables:

A walnut mirror:

A walnut/maple mantle clock:

A couple of walnut/maple cutting boards:

A walnut/maple/carpatian elm burl chessboard:

Thanks for looking...and sharing!
                  Kevin

Comment

• Kevin, that is really nice work. I really like the design in the cutting boards. That chess board is also very nice. I wouldn't mind doing something like that myself one day. Thanks for sharing!
                    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

• B-E-Utiful!

Yeah, very nice Kevin.
                      I REALLY love the chess board!
                      Yoroshiku onegai shimasu

Comment

• I love the chess board. Did you turn the pieces or buy them?
                        SSG, U.S. Army
                        Retired
                        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

• Real nice work Kevin, I have to agree with the others, that chessboard is a beauty, the figure of that wood is exceptional. What is the black and white piece that separates the board and the case made from?

Woodslayer

Comment

• Excellent work, and you managed to do all that with a new born!

Comment

• Bench and Table

I just picked up woodworking about a month ago. Enjoying it a lot. Haven't done too much so far... just a workbench, a shichirin (Japanese grill) table, and a router table top.

-george
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice start. Are you left handed? If not you may find the wood vice will serve you better on the left side of the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X