X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see some project pics!

I'll start. This is the crib I made for our new grand-daughter this past Christmas. C'mon guys, let's see those projects!
    Last edited by Lorax; 02-10-2006, 03:15 PM.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Hey Lorax, Nice looking crib!!!! The matress looks a little hard, tho. Jim

Comment

On the same vein, here is a dresser I made for my daughter.
      I did not make the crib. The wife said no way on that one. She did not trust me to make it child safe.
      Lorax I like your maple, for budgeting reasons (new baby) I went for Alder on my dresser.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid:
        Hey Lorax, Nice looking crib!!!! The matress looks a little hard, tho. Jim
        Thanks for the kind words. What's a mattress? We grow our kids tough up North here.

Mark,
        Great job on the dresser. What kind of finish did you use?
        Lorax

Comment

Lorax and Mark,

Really impressive craftsmanship from you both! I sure wish I lived close to someone like you guys as I'm sure it would be a real blessing and great learning experience to see you work first hand.

Regarding the "What's a mattress? We grow our kids tough up North here." comment... that explains the truck in the background, I presume it serves two purposes: keep the babe warm and provides a soothing sound to help them get to sleep! (Just keep that exhaust piped out the window.) I guess the "wee ones" down here in the warm southern part of NY have it easy compared to those "lake effect" Buffalo kids!

Thanks for the pictures and very nice work,

CWS

Comment

Lorax,

The stain is Old Masters Cedar #11904 after that I put on 4 coats of wipe on Polyurethane. That turned out to be a very reliable finish combination for me. The stain is the very best I have found for a consistent finish on "blotchy" types of wood. The wipe on poly is very easy to apply and pretty durable.

Mark

Comment

Just a sampling of my work. More pics on my site. http://www.hoistman.com/HoistMan/WoodShop.html

[ 05-13-2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: papadan ]
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

A most excellent tiger maple crib Lorax!

[ 05-16-2005, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

Hi Papadan! Nice work! Are those "free' samples?
                  if so, send me some LOL
                  \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

Sliver, where ya been hiding? have not seen you around anywhere in a while.
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

CWSmith,
                      I appreciate the compliment, but believe me, watching me work would be about as exciting as watching paint dry. That crib was by far my most ambitious project and if it hadn't been a present for my new grand-daughter, I never would have tried it.

Hewood,
                      Nice red x'es. Wanna try again? I'd really like to see your work.

Here are pics of my last 2 projects. Not what you'd call heirlooms, but they were fun and that's what this hobby is all about. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So, how about it guys? Let's see some more project pics!
                      Lorax

Comment

"X's" are us Lorax! One of my many strengths! I've got the pics on Yahoo and copied the info from there. What else do I need to do to get them posted?

Comment

Originally posted by hewood:
                          "X's" are us Lorax! One of my many strengths! I've got the pics on Yahoo and copied the info from there. What else do I need to do to get them posted?
                          If you right click on your picture and select "properties" do you see a URL? If so, copy and paste the URL to your reply using the Instant UBB Code "Image." Then preview your post to see if your pic made it through all that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                          Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hewood:
                            If you right click on your picture and select "properties" do you see a URL? If so, copy and paste the URL to your reply using the Instant UBB Code "Image." Then preview your post to see if your pic made it through all that. [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Yep! ...that's exactly the way I did it. The pics in Yahoo don't end with a .jpg or .gif, etc., do I need to post them on some special domain or server first?

Comment

here is a night stand i built last year

[IMG] [/IMG]

[ 05-16-2005, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Razorback ]

Comment

Working...
                              X