X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw mill

I have a question I was given some tree's 6 Black Walnut , 3 Walnut and about 30 Almond if I want them they are about 15 to 25 feet long.

I was thinking of buying a portable saw mill but they cost about $6,000.00 so I was just wondering do you think there would be a market to sale off some of the wood to help pay for the mill as I don't think I could ever use that much wood and we have alot of these tree's fall every year from storms
    I cant afford to spend $6,000.00 to stock pile that much wood for myself

You might want to have a good idea of the number of board feet the logs would yeild when processed. If you have 3,000 or so, I would think you could come out alright . You would also need a place to stack and dry the material.
    wish you were closer to MN. I'd offer to help for some of the wood.
    Dave Weckwerth

Comment

You might also consider contacting a portable sawer. We have a few around here that will come to your property and mill the logs for you on site. I don't know how much money difference there would be, but if you aren't going to use the mill that much then that would be an alternative.
      Jeff

Comment

There are alot of guys in my area in pa who have the portable band saws. they come right to your property and saw any size or shape you want for about 20 cents a board foot. I had about 50 hemlock logs done last spring and then built a barn on the spot I had cut the trees down.
        barrell

Comment

My dad had a portable sawer out to his property when he built his house, all trees that were removed were sawed nicely, both pine and cherry. Must have been a dozen or more for only about $150 bucks! My dad helped, don't know if that made a difference in price.

Comment

I am always looking for a deal on nice wood. let me know when you have it ready to sell and I will order a bit of it. If you are into shipping by then [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Who knows, could be new carrier for ya!

Mick
            Mick Chambers<br />Keller TX<br />buyukan@yahoo.ca

Comment

Working...
            X