X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand held plane upgrade

After using and loving my 3 Stanley planes for over 18 years I finally broke down and replaced them with them with a couple of Lie Nielsen’s (block, #5) and a Clifton #4. I had a hard time deciding between the two so I bought from both brands. I now have a much better understanding why these two plane manufactures charge what the do for their planes. I was completely floored by the performance right out of the box; especially the two Nielsen's. The blade on the Clifton required considerable amount of work to get it completely flat; the Lie's, on the other had, were dead, and I mean dead flat right out of the box. It took me about 2.5 hours to get the Clifton working they way I wanted; it took me about 20 minutes to get the two Lie's working right. I just placed and order for two more Lie's. I wish I had done this years ago; a classic case of pay me now or pay me later.

Tgomez

Re: Hand held plane upgrade

I agree with you completly. You get what you pay for. I have been using the regular chisels from HD and I recently purchase 3 Crown chisels from Woodcraft and I was completly surprised on the craftsmenship of the chisels.

Comment

Working...
    X