X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fence problems on a TS2412

Three years ago I bought a TS2412 table saw. Except for the fence system, I have really enjoyed the saw. The problem I am having with the fence is that it is constantly coming out of alignment. Since buying the saw I have probably realigned it 15+ times. After re-aligning it twice over the weekend, I am ready to return the saw and buy one that has a better fence system. Before throwing in the towel, I thought I'd ask this user community for help.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,
    John

John,

At first glance I'm unsure what your problem may be. Its pretty rare that those fences go out of alignment unless you don't have it settled in the rail (ie tap the front of the head) before you lock it down.

When you align the fence to the miter slot, lock the fence down before tightening the screws. Make sure you lock each screw down just a little bit at a time and in a criss cross pattern. This will help minimize the amount of change you get when you tighten the screws.

Make sure you take care when you slide the fence up and down the rail, do not grab the locking handle to slide it, use the body. This will also help keep the saw in alignment.

Jake

Comment

i have the same saw, have owned it for almost a year, and have had to align the fence once, when i put it together. perhaps you have a defective fence in that the screws vibrate loose? ridgid stands behind their products 100%, give them a call!
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
      X