Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS3660 Question

Originally posted by skocars View Post
    Feather boards are duly noted. The representative gave me a magnetic feather board that I use all the time and it is a big step toward reducing or eliminating the kickback issue.

Each response to my question on this forum has been informative, thoughtful, and supportive. That is a great statement about this woodworking community. I thank each of you.
    Was that feather board the RIDGID orange dual-sided one with the MagSwitch magnets in it? If yes that is a nice featherboard. It is a copy of the one that MagSwitch sells (under their name but in black). Christmas 2007 HD had these in the stores and I picked one up. I recognized it for what it was (a MagSwitch product re-branded) and having a couple of their other products knew it was good quality and I liked the two-sided configuration which would let me use it on either side of the blade or on the bandsaw.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 12-31-2008, 10:27 AM.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Re: TS3660 Question

To all of you who generously posted answers to my question. I thank you and have tried to incorporate all suggestions. I am reading "The Table Saw Book", using feather boards, checked all adjustments for blade alignment, and purchases two new blades, and sharpened the original, and that may offer a partial solution. As I mature as a woodworker I hope I will be able to aid others as you have aided me. The Woodworker Community is a good place to be. Good Luck to you all.

Comment

Working...
      X