No announcement yet.

TS3660 Question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS3660 Question

Originally posted by skocars View Post
    Feather boards are duly noted. The representative gave me a magnetic feather board that I use all the time and it is a big step toward reducing or eliminating the kickback issue.

Each response to my question on this forum has been informative, thoughtful, and supportive. That is a great statement about this woodworking community. I thank each of you.
    Was that feather board the RIDGID orange dual-sided one with the MagSwitch magnets in it? If yes that is a nice featherboard. It is a copy of the one that MagSwitch sells (under their name but in black). Christmas 2007 HD had these in the stores and I picked one up. I recognized it for what it was (a MagSwitch product re-branded) and having a couple of their other products knew it was good quality and I liked the two-sided configuration which would let me use it on either side of the blade or on the bandsaw.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 12-31-2008, 10:27 AM.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

Time, cost, or quality; pick any two but you can't have all three.

Re: TS3660 Question

To all of you who generously posted answers to my question. I thank you and have tried to incorporate all suggestions. I am reading "The Table Saw Book", using feather boards, checked all adjustments for blade alignment, and purchases two new blades, and sharpened the original, and that may offer a partial solution. As I mature as a woodworker I hope I will be able to aid others as you have aided me. The Woodworker Community is a good place to be. Good Luck to you all.