X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 10" radial arm saw

having trouble getting the saw to cut square went thru all the adjustments but it still cuts off just a bit

Randy,

I had much the same trouble some time ago. I came up with a simple solution. Check this post for photos and explaination.

Hopes this helps.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Hey RandyS and WO how do find this piece of machinery?

Comment

I purchased all my machinery 6/20/02 at the same HD location, with the exception of the scroll saw. Which was discontinued, so I had to purchase a used one.

I've read on this board that the RAS is not currently on the new site in the line up of machines. I have not investigated this at all since I am not in the market to purchase one.
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

There are RAS's all over the New Orleans area @ $569.

I've had mine about a year and it is surprisingly accurate. Of coarse, I made all of the initial/neccessary adjustmebnts when I assembled it...and tightened the DOG out of all of the appropriate nuts and bolts...as did UO Woody. The mechanisms are now smoothing out after a years worth of operation. I love this saw!
          keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

Comment

Greg, Did you get the cutting heads with your RAS? If so what so you think and how large of moldings will it cut?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Steve, I did get the cutting heads with the saw but, I have not used them. I have used this saw to Dado several projects. It works perfectly.

I don't think that the RAS is the best tool to use for cutting moldings. I'll do that work on a Router table. So, I guess I have a set of cutters that I'll probobly not use. You waana buy em? I'll make u a deal u can't refuse...

Comment

Hi: I have the Sears molding heads and will not use them on my RAS for safety concerns but they work great on my table saw.
                Ross

Comment

Hi randystumpy: I don't know your setup but if you have the RAS on one of those flimsy metal stands they can throw your settings out if moved and your floor is not perfectly even/level. If one leg goes up or down it throws your table setting out and then everything else is out to the table as well.
                  Ross

[ 10-03-2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Ross J ]

Comment

Greg,
                    I've been debating over buying the RAS but I need to be able to make crown molding and this seemed like the cheapest method.
                    Noticed your from Mand. too..

Comment

Steve, I guess we're neighbors. I'm in Carriage Lane Estates off of Sharp Rd. I'd be glad to let you use the cutter head and knives if you want. Like I said, I don't use them...and I agree with Ross regarding the sfety aspect.

My e-mail is gvanek@nobleamericas.com.

Comment

I found the Sears moulding cutters scary on my RAS. My brother borrowed them to use on his table saw, and said it was ok if you take small cuts, preferably on a larger stock board, then cut the moulding away from the stock board.

Comment

Greg,
                          We are neighbors I'm in Quail Creek off 1088. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

Steve, being that we are neighbors and all, why don't you come by my "shop" and help me finish the sheetrock? (just kidding)

Drop me an e-mail. I'll give you a "hands on" demo of the RAS. I love this saw!!..and you'll see why most of us don't like to use the cutter head on the RAS. Its just too scary.

Did I mention that I love my RIDGID RAS?

[ 10-06-2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Greg's Garage ]

Comment

Working...
                            X