TS2412-1 Owners Manual conflicting info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2412-1 Owners Manual conflicting info

Hi, I recently purchased the TS2412-1 Table Saw. I had read an article in this newsgroup about an updated micro-trunnion and decided to check the manual to see if I needed the upgrade. In the owners manual (p/n SP6252)I was looking at the "Repair Parts" section, Figure 2, page 52/53 and noticed that the part numbers do not match the part shown in the diagram, for instance part number 56 which points to the motor support is listed as #818528 spacer. Also part number 54 is listed as a screw...part no. 55 which looks like a spring is listed as a washer...etc. I checked the on-line manual and it appears to be the same. Needless to say I do not know if I need the upgraded trunnion or not.It looks like I am going to have a real problem if I ever have to order parts for my new TS :>)
    Comments welcome.
    Joe Regan

You list your saw as a TS2424 1 meaning you do have the micro adjust trunnion. To tell look at the rear trunion on the saw, there should be a set screw on either side of the center bolt, thats the micro adjust. It sounds like you haven't assembled the saw yet. When you do, you will make an adjustment to that trunion.

Jake

Comment

Hi Jake, thank you for the prompt reply. I have a correction to make on my original posting. I said that I have the 24241 TS when actually it is the 24121 model...sorry for the error...I get so confused sometimes :>) I checked the rear trunnion on the saw and it does not have the micro-adjust feature on this model. It is not shown in my owners manual either so I downloaded a copy of the parts manual for the 24241 saw and it shows the updated trunnion with the set screws there. The 24241 manual also appears to have the correct numbers listed in the diagram and parts list. Do you think that I need an upgrade? I have assembled the saw but have not had a chance to fine-tune it yet.
      Thank you,
      Joe Regan

Comment

You won't "need" the upgrade, but it can be worth having. It does make alignment easier. Since you have downloaded the TS2424 manual you know what parts you need (the trunion and the two set screws). You can call 1-800-4RIDGID or visit www.ridgidparts.com to order the parts.

Jake

Comment

Working...
        X