Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ridgid R4330 Planer continuous current load 15A?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ridgid R4330 Planer continuous current load 15A?

I only have a 15A circuit in my garage. The R4330 planer is rated at 15A, will this planer continuously draw 15A when the board is fed into the planer? Or does it draw less current?

I'm just concerned about using the unit drawing 15A and maxing out the lines for the 15A circuit in the garage.

Re: Is Ridgid R4330 Planer continuous current load 15A?

I read a review of a bunch of planers (I forgot where). It was very detailed and the reviewers did check the amperage draw. None drew their max rated amperages on a continuous basis, but rather as required by the workload (planing thickness, feed rate, type of wood etc). Ridgid was in the middle of the pack. Delta 13" planer had the lowest (best) spike in the amperage. That planer is rated at 13 amps.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Do you recall where the Dewalt Dw735 was ranked in that respect?

Thanks for replying Darius.

Comment

It's been a while since I read this review but I'm pretty sure Dw735 started up high on the amp draw and then increased all the way to 15 amp. It struck me as a power hungry piece of equipment, but then, there is a reason it's called heavy duty.

I settled for Ridgid and I'm happy so far. The widest stock I ran through it was 6" hard maple. I planed 1/32" in multiple passes while my vac (rated at 7.5 amps) was on on the same 15 amp circuit.
        In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Working...
        X