X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awsome deal on craigslist

If your in the market for tools , check out the craigs list tools section, i found a very slightly used ts3650 table saw,, guy wanted 200 bucks for it and i offered 175 and he took it. . U never know what kinda deal you mind come accross on the craigslist.

Re: awsome deal on craigslist

I bought a dewalt planer and a 14 inch craftsman bandsaw in recent weeks off craigs list. Great for me but it's kinda sad -- the lousy economy is forcing a lot of guys (and gals) to sell off their woodworking tools.

Comment

Excellent find.
      In our area every year about this time the pawn shops are a good source of used tools. Construction workers sell their tools and the money goes right up their noses. Sad, but I have seen it happen year after year.

Tom

Comment

You got yourself a great deal. Enjoy it! Red
        Red

Comment

thanks, i didnt think to look at pawn shops. im also in the market for a lathe and a mortis tennon machine. maybe i can get lucky more then once

Comment

John back again. Just snagged a brand new Ridgid jointer on Craigslist for $250.

Comment

awsome,, those are nice i thought about upgradeing,, i have a really old craftsmen,, my dad gave me and its got to be about 30 yrs old,, still works , just kinda smalll.

Comment

Just a follow up on my Ridgid jointer (0610) purchase on craigslist. I picked it up last night after paying $225 for it. It's (almost) brand new; the previous owner started to assemble it, gave up, and realized he didn't need it. All the parts were there and I spent about 90 minutes last night assembling it in my basement shop.

One problem: the owner's manual is inaccurate. In short, it shows the base flip-flopped from how it's supposed to be. It's confusing but I puzzled it out and got the jointer up and running in no time. I made some adjustments, ran some maple through it as a test and am VERY HAPPY with the results.

A very good tool for about $250 less than the retail price. Can't wait to start milling some of my quartersawn white oak for my kitchen cabinet project.

Comment

Originally posted by johneel View Post
                  Just a follow up on my Ridgid jointer (0610) purchase on craigslist. I picked it up last night after paying $225 for it. It's (almost) brand new; the previous owner started to assemble it, gave up, and realized he didn't need it. All the parts were there and I spent about 90 minutes last night assembling it in my basement shop.

One problem: the owner's manual is inaccurate. In short, it shows the base flip-flopped from how it's supposed to be. It's confusing but I puzzled it out and got the jointer up and running in no time. I made some adjustments, ran some maple through it as a test and am VERY HAPPY with the results.

A very good tool for about $250 less than the retail price. Can't wait to start milling some of my quartersawn white oak for my kitchen cabinet project.
                  You got yourself a great tool for a really good price! Well done, johneel. Now, start posting pics of your kitchen cabinet project.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

As an aspiring woodworker who's getting his workshop outfitted, craigslist has been great for me!

TS3560 - lightly used, already assembled (required no alignment when I got it home). Savings compared to new at HD w/sales tax: $300.

Dewalt DW735 Planer - barely used. Savings compared to new at HD w/sales tax: $300+.

Just this week I have seen ads for a Jet drill press (waiting to see what model and photos) and a Leigh D-3 dove tail template for $100.

Now ... how about a stationary jointer and dust collection?

Matt

Comment

yes, craigslist you can find great deals.. just try make sure its a local buy or make sure that you have a way of getting what you order before you pay. Ive found some nice deals on amazon.com as well

Comment

Working...
                      X