X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandsaw cut

I'm pretty new to woodworking and I just purchased a new bandsaw. I took the time to adjust the tension and get the tracking right and according to what I have read I believe I have things set correctly.

My question specifically is: should a bandsaw cut be as clean as a table saw cut? Upon inspection of a fresh cut on the bandsaw, it appears to be of a texture similar to corderoy, although maybe not quite as pronounced. If it should be smooth can someone tell me what I should try to correct this?

Thanks,
    Ron

Originally posted by RSH:
    I'm pretty new to woodworking and I just purchased a new bandsaw. I took the time to adjust the tension and get the tracking right and according to what I have read I believe I have things set correctly.

My question specifically is: should a bandsaw cut be as clean as a table saw cut? Upon inspection of a fresh cut on the bandsaw, it appears to be of a texture similar to corderoy, although maybe not quite as pronounced. If it should be smooth can someone tell me what I should try to correct this?

Thanks,
    Ron

Comment

Hi Ron: similar question to yours here?
      http://talk.woodmagazine.com/default...175271___3___2

Ross

Comment

I would not expect the cut to be anywhere near as clean as a tablesaw. Bandsaws excel at curved cuts, straight cuts are best accomplished with a table saw.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Ron

Comment

Working...
          X