wood project drafting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood project drafting

can anybody tell me if theres a online resource where i can draw out or draft a wood project for my intertainment center. i am building a wall to wall built in shelf/t.v cabinet. oh and yes i will be using the 3650 what a great saw

Re: wood project drafting

Did you try Google?
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Google Sketch-up has a free version that seems to work very well. I understand there's also a for-pay version that has added tools/features.

Sketch-up will take some time to learn, however! Any of the 3D design software packages are difficult (at least for me) to learn, but can be tremendously useful.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Google's Sketch-Up also has loads of online help in the form of forums, blogs, free downloadable drawings, etc. I've been working at learning it, off and on (but more off!), for the last year. It's a nice program!
        John

Comment

thanks for the info.
          i was all over google today annd didnt find anything, but then again it couold be right in front of me and i wouldnt see. just ask my wife

Comment

Originally posted by bondsman View Post
            thanks for the info.
            i was all over google today annd didnt find anything, but then again it couold be right in front of me and i wouldnt see. just ask my wife
            The link for Sketch-Up is http://sketchup.google.com/

Comment

A new entry to furniture design software is Sketchlist 3D. It has 2D and 3D representations of your design. They can be rotated to check the design and various views of the project.

It also produces parts lists, cut lists and much much more.

I designed a four cabinet entertainment center on it.

A trial version is available.

Check it out at http://www.sketchlist.com

Bill

Comment

Thanks Billmoy, that's awesome. I'll try out the software this weekend, if they send me the download link.

Comment

Working...
                X