Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 storage

I'm considering purchasing the TS2400, and an
    important feature for me is the ability to fold
    up the saw and park in along a wall in my garage.
    In a local HD, it seems to me that while the
    TS2400 does fold and roll nicely, it does not
    stand up vertically very well. Is this a false
    impression on my part? For those of you who own
    a TS2400: how well does it stand up folded in a
    vertical position?

rick
    Rick J

I've had my TS2400 for a few months now. The main reason I selected it over the TS3650 was its ability to fold up and its smaller area (footprint) when set up. My workshop is the garage and my wife thinks cars are to be parked in it, rather than tools. I've found the TS2400 to be very stable in its set up state and stable to move around while set up.

Setting it up and taking it down have both proven to be easy. The 1st couple of times may feel a bit strange, but that is mostly learning what to expect. Mostly what I learned was the saw doesn't collapse on you and it is easy.

I often store the saw folded, standing vertically. There is a foot/platform by the wheels that provides the support to make it stable when folded, although a high Richter earthquake may be problem.

I've yet to come up with a complaint with my saw, although upgrading the OEM saw blade is worth while. The saw can cut much better than the OEM blade.
    Dick

Comment

Dick-

Thanks for your reply. The HD I was checking
      had the rails so far to the left, they blocked
      the saw from being put in a completely vertical
      position. But we know what experts HD are in
      tool assembly.

rick

Originally posted by Dick L:
      I've had my TS2400 for a few months now. The main reason I selected it over the TS3650 was its ability to fold up and its smaller area (footprint) when set up. My workshop is the garage and my wife thinks cars are to be parked in it, rather than tools. I've found the TS2400 to be very stable in its set up state and stable to move around while set up.

Setting it up and taking it down have both proven to be easy. The 1st couple of times may feel a bit strange, but that is mostly learning what to expect. Mostly what I learned was the saw doesn't collapse on you and it is easy.

I often store the saw folded, standing vertically. There is a foot/platform by the wheels that provides the support to make it stable when folded, although a high Richter earthquake may be problem.

I've yet to come up with a complaint with my saw, although upgrading the OEM saw blade is worth while. The saw can cut much better than the OEM blade.
      Rick J

Comment

Rick,
        I agree with what Dick said...very stable when in the vertical storage position. I just measured my TS2400, folded in the vertical storage position with the rip fence removed:

17-1/4" Deep
        25" Wide
        47-1/4" High

Steve

Comment

Rick I just purchased a 2400 and was in the same boat as you. I needed something to store against the wall in my garage, but I didn't want a toy tablesaw either. I love the 2400. Aside from a noisy motor, it feels like a quality tool. Probabley could use a better blade, but I have not bothered yet. I hade the same concern about it appearing to store vertically and lean forward a bit. I don't think it's a big deal. It is very stable in the vertical position. Another thing I was impressed with was the ability to remove the blade guard easily and without tools - it stores along with the miter and the fence along the side of the table. This is obviously an important feature as you don't want "stuff" above the line of the table when you are transporting or storing it. It isn't the cheapest table out there, but I felt it was worth the extra greenies. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X