X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts2424 Trips Circuit Breaker

I have a TS2424 that trips my circuit breaker about 5-10 seconds after startup. I replace the switch. I ran a dedicated 20 Amp circuit. Still same problem. Any ideas?

Re: ts2424 Trips Circuit Breaker

Originally posted by tdoran View Post
    I have a TS2424 that trips my circuit breaker about 5-10 seconds after startup. I replace the switch. I ran a dedicated 20 Amp circuit. Still same problem. Any ideas?
    I would check the little box on the motor. It could well be that a wire nut came lose or something of that nature. Only a short circuit will trip a breaker that quickly. A circuit that's not heavy enough will make the conductors to get warm and cause your motor to overheat, if you have 20 amp dedicated circuit(using #12 wire) it's not the circuit. If your MAIN breaker trips that means the Total load for the house is too heavy. The short time span indicates a short. Shut the breaker off and stick the probes of an ohm meter into your receptical. No resistance means a short in the wiring between it and the main panel. Do the same with the saw plug, no resistance means a short in the saw wiring or the motor.

Buck

Comment

It does sound like a short. I would check all and any wire connections on your saw. Red
      Red

Comment

Thanks for the replies. To address some of the points made: I used 12 guage wire for the dedicated circuit. The 20 amp circuit breaker trips not the house main. Sounds like I may have a short somewhere. Are shorts reparable or do I need a new motor?

Comment

Originally posted by tdoran View Post
          Thanks for the replies. To address some of the points made: I used 12 guage wire for the dedicated circuit. The 20 amp circuit breaker trips not the house main. Sounds like I may have a short somewhere. Are shorts reparable or do I need a new motor?
          Unplug your table saw. Now it's removed from the circuit. Plug a different tool or heater, flat Iron etc., jf your breaker does not trip than you know the circuits ok. If it does than you know it's the circuit, not the TS.

If it's the TS than you need to check any wires that connect to the motor and switch. If a hot wire comes loose and touches metal like the inside of the switch box or the motor frame it will short to ground thru the system ground, that's the bare wire that's hooked to a green screw in most cases.

Buck

Comment

Working...
          X