Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rehashing for you, new for me.

Bob and all you guys who contributed to this old thread,

I've been searching for info on router table extensions and came upon this thread. If I understand correctly, Bob D and some others have the Mulecab 27" router table extension mounted to the right of the RH cast iron extension (it was not removed) This may or may not require additional bracing under the Mulecab router extension. Lastly, it's best to use bolts attached to the T slots in the rails and drill holes in the Mulecab table to attach.

Did I get this all right and is this valid info as of today? 1/30/06

Thanks much!

Skip

Originally posted by imported_Bob D.
    I have the same combination, 3650 with the MuleCab router table. I did not remove the right wing and choose to mount my router as an extension of the TS3650 table. I fell though that even given the light overall weight of the router table (with router) that is does place stress on the fence rails which were not designed for this purpose and so I am still working out a design to add support to the router table bracing it off the saw legs. In the time being I place a Flip-Top stand or similar support under the outer edge of the table to avoid distortion of the fence rails and I do not leave my router mounted in the table all the time even though I have a router which I use exclusively in the table. I leave the fixed base mounted to the plate and just remove the router motor which in itself weighs as much as the table and base do.

A few people have posted links to their support solutions and I have considered those but am not convinced they are the best setup for me.

Here is a link to one, it is not the Mule-Cab table but that does not matter, the supports solution is a good one.

http://hsfc.com/router.htm

10/25/04

Here's some pics of how I braced my router table. The images are big so I just placed links to them here which will open in a new browser window.

router table and TS bracing I added

another view of the bracing

[ 10-25-2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]
    Stay well and play well.
    Skip

Comment

Rehashing for you, new for me.

Bob D and all you guys who contributed to this old thread,

I've been searching for info on router table extensions and came upon this thread. If I understand correctly, Bob D and some others have the Mulecab 27" router table extension mounted to the right of the RH cast iron extension (it was not removed) This may or may not require additional bracing under the Mulecab router extension. Lastly, it's best to use bolts attached to the T slots in the rails and drill holes in the Mulecab table to attach.

Did I get this all right and is this valid info as of today? 1/30/06

Thanks much!

Skip

Originally posted by imported_Bob D.
      I have the same combination, 3650 with the MuleCab router table. I did not remove the right wing and choose to mount my router as an extension of the TS3650 table. I fell though that even given the light overall weight of the router table (with router) that is does place stress on the fence rails which were not designed for this purpose and so I am still working out a design to add support to the router table bracing it off the saw legs. In the time being I place a Flip-Top stand or similar support under the outer edge of the table to avoid distortion of the fence rails and I do not leave my router mounted in the table all the time even though I have a router which I use exclusively in the table. I leave the fixed base mounted to the plate and just remove the router motor which in itself weighs as much as the table and base do.

A few people have posted links to their support solutions and I have considered those but am not convinced they are the best setup for me.

Here is a link to one, it is not the Mule-Cab table but that does not matter, the supports solution is a good one.

http://hsfc.com/router.htm

10/25/04

Here's some pics of how I braced my router table. The images are big so I just placed links to them here which will open in a new browser window.

router table and TS bracing I added

another view of the bracing

[ 10-25-2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]
      Stay well and play well.
      Skip

Comment

Hey Skip, yes you got it right. One ething that I did not do initially was drill and bolt the router table to the side of the wing, but when I added my outfed table I did do this. I have not noticed any difference in the table as far as flex though, I only did as part of installing the outfeed table.

In the 3650 Outfeed Table thread you will find some additional photos if you have not viewed them already.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks much Bob. Now that I've been around here a few weeks I can see searching old threads has many answers hidden. It's time-consuming but seems that posting a specific question can be answered quickly after the research.

Tell me, where in NJ are you? I'm in SJ, not far from Philly.
          Stay well and play well.
          Skip

Comment

There was a Sears table saw that had a router attachment built in to the right extension table. Has anyone looked into getting a "replacement part" through Sears. It should bolt right on to the 3650 Id imagine.

Comment

Working...
            X