X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No RIDGID booth at the show?

I went to the "Woodworking Show" here in Columbus Oh, yesterday. I was surprized to see (or not see as it were) that the huge tent that RIDGID had in previous years was not there. The vendors are usually pretty much the same each year, many with new products, but it seems funny when a company that has had a major presence is gone.

RIDGID was not the only one though, Makita was not there either. IIRC though Makita was not here last year either?

Re: No RIDGID booth at the show?

Shame on you RIDGID. How can you not have a booth at a Woodworking Show in your home state? I know participation by manufacturers in these shows is falling off due to the high costs but.................how much could it cost to participate in one in Ohio?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      but.................how much could it cost to participate in one in Ohio?

I'm just contributing helpful advice, but it's in the thousands from the word go of getting it all together *man hours* to paying 1,2,3 or more people their time, which includes the time back.

I did a setup in Cincinnati Convention Center with my second business this year and the commitment fee was $700 for 4 booth spaces, then the money I paid my helper, setup materials, blahblahblah, blah blahblah, blah blahblahblah and the total shot up to $2000 for a measely 5 hours inside the building.

Setups are very involved, and the one I saw at the pumper show I know is big money.

It might not of been about the money; everyone as a rule is cutting back and if people aren't spending, you go with the flow.

Correct me if I'm wrong Ridgid! I'm a small potato in the fields of Idaho but I know these expos cost more money than people know.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

My initial response was basically meant to be a little razz at Ridgid's expense. I think we all know why Ridgid wasn't at this and other shows. Ridge Tool is not the one making the call! Ridge Tool really has no interest in the woodworking shows because they really don't control the marketing of RIDGID woodworking tools. TTI and their sole retailer Home Depot are the ones who have dropped the ball when it comes to promoting the RIDGID line. But then again why should they promote the line? You're pretty much stuck with Home Depot if you want to buy most RIDGID woodworking or hand held power tools.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I didn't make it to Comlumbus this year. Year before last is when i got my Spindle/belt sander from the Ridgid booth.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Woodworking shows?!?!?!?!!! they have them? I didn't know. Now I know my wife is going to have a fit when I leave her with 4 kids for a woodworking show

Comment

Just got in from the Woodworking show in Atlanta - Ridgid was there; bought an R2600 ROS from them. Was supposed to be 'reconditioned' but I think 'repaired' might have been a more accruate discription. When I got it home and opened the box, it was filthy and pretty scratched up - the last owners name was even burnt into to body. But, it appears to work OK.

Comment

Originally posted by FSwan View Post
                Just got in from the Woodworking show in Atlanta - Ridgid was there; bought an R2600 ROS from them. Was supposed to be 'reconditioned' but I think 'repaired' might have been a more accruate discription. When I got it home and opened the box, it was filthy and pretty scratched up - the last owners name was even burnt into to body. But, it appears to work OK.

Why would you even leave the booth without looking at the condition of a tools that is being sold in some condition other than new? I think I would want to plug it in and give it a quick check out before I got out of sight.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Wish I had! Normally I would have, but was in a hurry and the display unit was in pristine shape. I have always had good luck with reconditioned tools and despite the appearance of this one, I'm sure it will work just fine. None-the-less, good advice!

Comment

Working...
                  X