ROS Stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROS Stand

I put together this little project in just a few minutes today. Clamped down to the workbench it actually works pretty well.

The Woodsmith Tip website is a nice site to sign-up at. Some of their little tips are pretty basic stuff and not all that useful but others are pretty neat.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ------- Henry Ford

Re: ROS Stand

Dave

You might want to try something like stick-on shoe heel area foot pads on the fingers of the stand so it grips your sander. Just my 1 cent worth idea. Try a shoe repair shop. They may have some made out of suede leather that would last longer than the drug store junk.

See change to finger / dark green (I would put a pad on both fingers and you need a type that will compress some.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Woussko; 01-18-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Woussko, that's a great idea and I will try it. I have an old pair of leather pants, that for some unknown reason don't seem to fit in the waist any longer, that I can cut some strips from.
      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
      ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Leather pants Dave?

Any whips and chains?

Comment

No whips but I did have a chain that was attached to my wallet. Both are leftover items from when I rode motorcycles. Nowadays, I mostly just when I want to relax.

BTW, the strip of leather worked great on the ROS stand. Thanks again Woussko for the idea.
          ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
          X