X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band saw BS1400 and BS14002 differences

I did a search and couldn't find any good info on the difference between these two saws.

Could someone tell me the difference between the 1400 and 14002 (besides color)?
    I just picked up a used 1400 (gray machine). The list on the older 1400 was $500 and the newer 14002 is ~$350. Was the 1400 a better saw?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Band saw BS1400 and BS14002 differences

Originally posted by ammisco View Post
    I did a search and couldn't find any good info on the difference between these two saws.

Could someone tell me the difference between the 1400 and 14002 (besides color)?
    I just picked up a used 1400 (gray machine). The list on the older 1400 was $500 and the newer 14002 is ~$350. Was the 1400 a better saw?
    Thanks in advance.
    Pretty much the same saw except for like you said the color. I think that the country of mfg. might have changed with the color also but the overall specifications of the bandsaw didn't change. So to answer your question was the 1400 a better saw, no it wasn't.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: Band saw BS1400 and BS14002 differences

Didn't they fix the issue with the tracking adjustment arm which would bend/break off under high tension?

There's another thread about it somewhere here...

Just a theory for the model number 'version'.

Comment

Working...
      X