X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424 Retro Rip Fence

Are the rails on the retro rip fence basically the same rails that come with the TS2424. What about the fence? I would like to get a bit more rip capacity out of my saw. I don't have a problem paying a bit for it, but if I am getting the same parts with a few extra bolts and a bracket, then I think I will just reposition the ones that came with the saw.
    Mark

That's it, the fence and rails are identical to the ones included with the TS2424. The only differences are that the tape measure is skewed to the right to allow for 36" right rip capacity and the retro includes a spacer bar for the right end of the rails to keep them parallel.

One of the guys here did a nice mod to his stock fence and rails and made an extension table for the right side of his TS2424. Check out his website...details are there.

http://home1.gte.net/rritch

I'll probably do this upgrade myself if I don't throw down for a Beismeyer.
    - Tim

Comment

Thanks for the info. I checked out the Website and that is almost exactly what I was thinking of doing. I would love to buy the Beisemeyer, but $300 is a bit hard to part with especially on a $600 saw. I would rather put it towards a jointer, or maybe a band saw, or maybe a....

I usually don't use the built-in tape measure anyway other than to get me in the ballpark.

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: MarkR ]

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: MarkR ]
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X