X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Jointer ever go on sale?

I was just wondering, I am in the market for a good, affordable jointer, and I see a lot of good said about the Ridgid jointer... Does this thing ever go on sale? My local HD has a stack of them... But the price tag is a bit much to take for that size jointer...

Re: Ridgid Jointer ever go on sale?

Originally posted by dbhost View Post
    I was just wondering, I am in the market for a good, affordable jointer, and I see a lot of good said about the Ridgid jointer... Does this thing ever go on sale? My local HD has a stack of them... But the price tag is a bit much to take for that size jointer...

I actually just bought it a week ago. I love it.....I looked at it for a long time and never saw it go below 429 here in the Chicago area.......I went in and just flat out told the guy I want to buy it right now but that I wasn't going to pay 429 for it....I told him I'd give him 350 for it....we settled on 15% off plus i had a 25 gift card from Christmas so i eneded up doing okay.....

Comment

Here in the Somerset, NJ area, the Ridgid jointer is selling new for $301 + tax.

I just picked one up on Sunday after looking at three different Home Depots to find one that had it in stock. The one I have was the last one in stock.

Good luck finding one!

Helder
      www.feesha.com

Comment

Originally posted by NIS240SHU View Post
        Here in the Somerset, NJ area, the Ridgid jointer is selling new for $301 + tax.

I just picked one up on Sunday after looking at three different Home Depots to find one that had it in stock. The one I have was the last one in stock.

Good luck finding one!

Helder
        www.feesha.com
        That is an incredible price........buy several of them and sell them yourself.......LOL

Comment

Considering the price of a typical 6" jointer you will have a hard time finding lower price compared to the Ridgid. Grizzly is the only one I know of but then shipping could be expensive. Your other option would be a 6" benchtop model (delta and craftsman come to mind).

I got the ridgid one a few months and am very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom5151 View Post
            That is an incredible price........buy several of them and sell them yourself.......LOL
            Haha, I'm sure I could provide better service than Home Depot!

On a side note, at many places I wish I could just take over and show these places what service is about.

You should see the service (or lack of it) at the Budget Truck Rental place on Rt. 35 here in NJ. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Helder
            www.feesha.com

Comment

I got mine a year or so ago when HD had it on sale online for $319.99. I got the store to match the online price and had a 10% off coupon as well. I have not seen it on sale since then, although I have seen them pop up on ebay once in a while for a good price.

Comment

DBHOST,

You might want to wait for HD's annual Power Tool Event - usually in March or April. I've saved 20-25% on power tools during the last two. It's typically structured so that the more you spend, the higher the percentage discount. But if you have some gift cards saved from the holidays, you can get a lot of tools for comparatively little out of pocket.

-O&B

Comment

Originally posted by NIS240SHU View Post

Good luck finding one!

Helder
                  www.feesha.com
                  Picked mine up the day before New Years for $324, almost the same price as the one bought in Somerset NJ when you include sales tax. They were on clearance, but the first store I visited didn't have any. They checked one of the other 3 stores nearby, and found one that had two left.

I hope you bought extra knives with your jointer. I tried, but HD didn't have any in stock. I could sure use them now, because I developed some sizeable nicks in them already, after jointing and planing just a few maple boards. I'm having them reground, but I won't get them back until next week.
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X