X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Jointer total height?

My local HD does NOT have large tools on display (but they are in stock) and both the HD and Ridgid web sites list bad data for overall height. Ridgid doesn't list it at all... Home Depot lists it at something like 16.75" which cannot possibly be correct...

So my big question for those of you that know, or own the current model Ridgid jointer. Just how tall is this thing?

I need to know for shop planning... Basically if I get this thing, and put it on a HF mobile base will I be able to wheel it under the left wing of my table saw?

Re: Ridgid Jointer total height?

I think pushing the jointer under a table saw is going to be a trick, I did go on and take some measurements anyway. Mine is the JP06101, I guess this is the latest model? All measured from floor, stock configuration with legs adjusted so that the table is as low as it can go within a 1/4" or so.
    Top of outfeed table 31.25"
    Top of fence 35.25"
    Top of large fence release knob 36.25"
    Top of the small fence handle knob 37.75" (This can be easily removed)

I don't know what kind of table saw your looking at, but the bottom of my TS3660 is 34.75". I could get the legs adjusted up about another inch, but I don't know how it would work with the lift system, plus it may add wabble to the saw.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Ryobi BT3100 is the table saw, with the extended wing / fence... and that measurement is just a hair too tall, especially if I want it on a mobile base... I've got 35" below the rails to work with.

Comment

i have a ridgid 3660 and the ridgid jointer is just barely low enough to clear the side of it i i take the fence knob off. if i leave the knob on it sticks up above the saw and things hit it

basically what i mean is there would be no way it would fit under the saw and the ridgid saw is 36.5" tall.

Comment

Working...
        X