adjusting the Herc-u-lift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting the Herc-u-lift

Does anyone know if you can adjust the hieth it lifts off the floor. I have two places in my shop that are slightly higher and it always drags there and even stops sometimes. Any help would be appreciated.

Billiam

I had the same problem. There are a few high spots in my floor which rubbed the bottom of the feet when passing over. Fortunately I had enough extra threads left in all of the adjustable feet to be able to just give them all a few spins up, re-level and all was clear. Before coming to this solution however I did manage to come up with a way to actually create a little more lift but adjusting the feet height was all that was needed in my case.

Wood Dog

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: Wood Dog ]

Comment

Billiam,

I just bought the same mobile base last night and have the same problem. First, I adjusted the feet on the saw, which allowed them to firmly touch the floor when the lift was disengaged. The next problem was that when the lift was engaged the feet (front) still scraped the ground. I placed two small pieces of wood on each side (where the two frames meet) giving the front a bit more lift.

Dave

Comment

Billiam,

I had a similar experience, but (like Wood Dog mentioned above) I had enough threads left to unscrew the feet and drop them down.

Jamie

Comment

Follow-up

I think someone asked on another thread about tightening the lift fasteners that actually attach the lift to the frame or stand brackets. The instructions say to tighten until the bolts are flush with the bottom of the lock nuts or something like that. It later states to tighten all hardware. This latter instruction does NOT apply to the original specification for the lift fasteners. They should be left in what amounts to a very loose fit. Otherwise the lift will not completely disengage and the stand may not set down completey on the feet. With the lift attached correctly you should be able to "bottom out" the adjustable feet if needed for clearance and still have "all" the weight on the feet. This point was a little vague in the instructions. This can be a REAL safety issue if the lift is tightened completely and the weight does not complety rest on the feet when disengaged. Imagine feeding stock into your saw and having your saw walk away. [img]redface.gif[/img] Just thought this was worth bringing up again, especially as a potential hazard.

Wood Dog

Comment

Working...
          X