X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Sketchup Drawing

Has anyone drawn a sketchup image of the Ridgid table saw TS3650?

Re: TS3650 Sketchup Drawing

Apparently NOT!

However... this sounds like a fairly easy mini project to me. Problem is I don't own a 3650/60!

I've been considering illustrating some of my other Ridgid floor tools in SketchUp, but so far haven't taken the time to do so.

So, how fast do you need it and can you provide me with some dimensions? If so, I'd be happy to give it shot as long as you don't need it "tomorrow". With all the future home projects that I have, I'd have to fit it into my spare time, which is very little. Still, it sounds like a worthwhile contribution to the forum if anyone really wants it.

My approach would be to do a "rough" (dimensionally correct of course) and then polish it up with details after the initial post to the forum.

Let me know if this is anything worthwhile. You could E-mail me direct if you wish.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

Thanks CWS. I was going to use it to design a mobile outfeed table. I've made a few google sketchup models before but I'm really a newbie at it. No rush, I'll wait a month before I need to build it (since retiring it's amazing how many projects one has to do).

Comment

Here is one that I created...
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice job!

Thanks for posting your illustration, you've provided very good detail.

AND... Welcome to the forum!

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by brittom View Post
            Here is one that I created...
            Welcome to the forum!

It looks very nice, I am attaching a 2D capture of it from each angle for people who don't have sketch up installed yet.
            Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic job, well done.

Where's the miter gauge?

Comment

Believe me, I thought about it. But, as I use almost exclusively the Osborne miter gauge (great investment, BTW) I didn't figure it was worth the time...If someone here has a need for it, I will model it as well. Shouldn't take too long.

Comment

I was only teasing! What you have done there is magnificent.

Comment

Excellent! Thanks Brittom, that's exactly what I was looking for. Now I can add it to my workshop sketchup model and by moving a 4x8 sheet around your design to see what room I have and how I should design my outfeed table.

Comment

I've tried to download the program several times but it doesn't seem to like my Windows Vista.

Comment

Thanks to all. I just finished building a sled for my saw and now need an outfeed table. i was so amased that i did a Google search for Ridgid table saw Sketchup and found this form in less than 5 min.

Comment

Whitey,

Sorry that this is a bit late, but I just saw your post.

In any case, I notice that you had not been able to get SketchUp to work on your computer. I have the same problem with a new laptop that I purchased a year ago.

When I load the program, it seemed to be successful, but when clicking on the icon, it starts up and then hangs on the intro.

What I found was that if you can somehow get a previously done SketchUp drawing loaded to your computer you can then bring up the program itself... not by clicking on the SketchUp icon, but by clicking on the particular drawing.

It appears there's some bug, but by clicking on a SketchUp drawing, the drawing will then bring the program up successfully.

I hope this helps,

Comment

You should also update your video card driver.

Comment

Working...
                            X