Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

correction "LINK"-Belt length on the BS1400~??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correction "LINK"-Belt length on the BS1400~??

I've read several post saying these help with vibrations and clearance for opening the lower housing door.
    What's the best length?
    WoodCraft has the Link-belt going for $6 a foot. Any other deals out there~??

Thanks all.

[ 04-16-2004, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: jkl1865 ]

Originally posted by jkl1865:
    I've read several post saying these help with vibrations and clearance for opening the lower housing door.
    What's the best length?
    WoodCraft has the V-belt going for $6 a foot. Any other deals out there~??

Thanks all.
    I assume that what you mean by "these" are Power-Twist Link belts. And yes link-belts can reduce vibration. I use them on my contractors saw, bandsaw and jointer. The original belts that came with my jointer were terrible, installing link belts removed all virbration.

Now, what size do you need? I really dont know. I have a Jet Bandsaw and dont own the Ridgid. Look at your belt or your manual. There'll be a designation on the back of your belt.

I did download the manual for the Ridgid BS1400 and BS1400-1. Both parts list say part #47, v-belt, A40.

A40 means that it is an "A" section belt, 40" long. "A" section belts are 1/2" wide

Fractional HP V-belt sizes:
    Width Section
    1/4" 2L
    3/8" 3L/O
    1/2" 4L/A
    5/8" 5L/B
    7/8" C
    1 1/4" D

Finally, some of the best prices I've seen are from Grizzly (G3640) , $19.95 for 4 feet. Harbor Freight sells Accu-Link brand for $20 for 5 feet, (43771), but I've heard it's not as good as the Fenner Power twist (red type that Grizzly sells). Plus HF charges a handling fee with shipping so final cost may be the same. My only experience is with the Fenner belts. You can also get a box of 25 feet on Ebay for about $70 with shipping.

[ 04-18-2004, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Darrell ]

Comment

I bought 4 feet and shortened it by some 4 links or so.

Comment

Working...
      X