Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

Originally posted by cpw View Post
    Also, the 3650 and 3660 have the same SKU, so the employees may not know the difference; so they just sit up on the shelf while they sell 3650s.

Beyond that, there are non trivial odds, they've lost the rails for the 3650s they have; so no one will buy them.
    They have different SKU's, but the one for the 3650 will show the total of 50's and 60's in stock. It does not however tell how many of each.

Make sure you have the tool dept guy go physically look for the 3660 if that's the one you want. Thats what I did, and it worked out with me taking the 60 home.

Lawman

Comment

I had looked at the 3360 a couple months ago. But they were only boxed, and not set up as a display. Started looking at other saws. Then, HD actually put one up as a display and I could do the "touchie-feelee" thing. Really liked it. It was $597, then dropped to $549. Last week, when it went to $399 I grabbed it. Took about 4 hours to assemble and adjust it, but it has performed just as I hoped. So far, very happy with it. The local HD said they cannot get a zero clearance or dado insert, and I should call Rigid directly. After some searching on the forum here, I will make them myself.

Comment

So are they getting rid of the 3660 or just making room for the 4511?

Comment

I was told that they are discontinuing the 3660 in favor of the new granite-top model.

Comment

I was looking for a new saw and it came down to the Ridgid or a delta saw. I was leaning more towards the Ridgid because I have a couple of other tools which i like. I went to Homedepot in the morning and the saw was 547 came back about 4 in the afternoon and it was 399, so I bought one. I like it so far. But as you said the price was marked differently at 2 HDs. 547 at one and 597 at another. Oh well got a good deal on a nibe saw.

Comment

For anyone interested from WNY, I spotted a TS3660 today on sale for $399 at the Gates, NY HD (westside of Rochester).

Comment

The HD in Danbury, CT has several available. I almost want to buy a another one its such a great deal.

Comment

Bummer ... 3660 is still at normal price in Spokane WA

(but good for me coz at this price I won't have sleepless nights contemplating "buy" or "not buy" )

Comment

Originally posted by Wagon Man View Post

(but good for me coz at this price I won't have sleepless nights contemplating "buy" or "not buy" )
                    Yeah, Im losing some sleep over this one too!!

Comment

The TS3660 is $399 at HD in Wenatchee. They had one last Wednesday! Still waiting for the R4511.

Comment

My friend bought one a week ago and I just bought one for me today.

Not a lot of them left in San Antonio unless you know which stores stock more. Three HDs were sold out(that I know for sure) and I bought the last one at the one I went to.

I've used a 2400 for years and love it but this deal was too good to pass up.

Comment

I got one for $399 at the HD on Sprague in the Spokane Valley. Had a couple gift certificates and got it for $341 out the door. They said they had 8 3660s as of 1-22-09

Comment

Just because it shows a price of $597 doesn't mean it's not on sale. I called my local HD with the sku, they looked it up and confirmed the $399 price. But when I got there, the sign still had a price of $597. And by the way, several HD's near Atlanta still have 3660 and 3650's.

Comment

Ouch!!! you have just brought me sleepless nites It was the Valley store and I didn't see the new price.

Gotta find a new home for my TS2410 .. and a parking space outside...

Damn!

(Jed, btw, if you have Bosch 10.8 tools, don't miss out those $11.25 BAT411 Li batteries in Lowes just across the street.)

Originally posted by jed View Post
                              I got one for $399 at the HD on Sprague in the Spokane Valley. Had a couple gift certificates and got it for $341 out the door. They said they had 8 3660s as of 1-22-09
                              Last edited by Wagon Man; 02-06-2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Ouch!!! you have just brought me sleepless nites It was the Valley store and I didn't see the new price.

Gotta find a new home for my TS2410 .. and a parking space outside...

Damn!

(Jed, btw, if you have Bosch 10.8 tools, don't miss out those $11.25 BAT411 Li batteries in Lowes just across the street.)
                                I was very surprised how quick my TS2400 went on Craigslist. Completely unexpected the demand for that saw, I had it sold (basically) within a few hours of posting it.

Picked up my 3660 last night, but alas it still sits in my truck (my workshop has been converted to a paint booth a bunch of 6 panel doors to spray this weekend!)

Comment

Working...
                                X