Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

    Congrat, Chris! Enjoy the new toys (read that you got a new bandsaw too )

    I think I'll pass ... I really don't want to park outside to make way for a table saw (and the option to park wife's car in the outside is outta question... ).

    Oh well... gotta wait till I have a shop...

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

      Originally posted by Capstone View Post
      There are still a lot of 3650's out there. The three stores closest to me only have '50's.
      I had one associate look me in the eye and told me Ridgid didn't make a TS3660. But for 7.50 an hour that was an expected answer !
      Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

        My store had one 3660 (mine!) and one 3650 but missing the second box. I think HD and Ridgid should be ashamed of the 3650 packaging....Ridgid for making it 2 boxes, and HD for losing the second boxes!!!

        Luckily they did have the 3660 otherwise they wouldnt have gotten my business.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

          I was in my HD yesterday, and they were sold out of the 3660's and 3650's. HOWEVER...they did have 3 boxes of rails etc for the 3650's. Guess someone's going to wonder where the rest of their stuff is...

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

            My HD was hiding the 3650 rails out with the MSUVs for a while. They arent there anymore, someone musta figured out they belonged with table saws instead of MSUVs!

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

              Went to the 281/Bitters store in San Antonio tonight. And there was a new in the box 3660. It sits in my garage right now. I was hesitant bc of a previous posters claim that they might not be found here in SA; they are out there. I was waiting on the 4511 and could have stomached the price of the 4511. Problem is, I will use this tool maybe twice a year and figured for $30 more than the Dewalt portable they sell, this was a steal. Oh well, you can never have too many toys.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

                Originally posted by Holden View Post
                Went to the 281/Bitters store in San Antonio tonight. And there was a new in the box 3660. It sits in my garage right now. I was hesitant bc of a previous posters claim that they might not be found here in SA; they are out there. I was waiting on the 4511 and could have stomached the price of the 4511. Problem is, I will use this tool maybe twice a year and figured for $30 more than the Dewalt portable they sell, this was a steal. Oh well, you can never have too many toys.
                From what I can see the 3650 & 3660 are getting sold out. My local store said they are getting hard to find, at least in the New England area. They frequently have items shipped in from other stores for customers. They had a 3650 on the floor and two up top a few weeks ago, now sold. They had a 3660 in the floor it was sold and they got another, it sold the next day. He claims the 4511 will be in stores by the end of Feb. I had to go to other area stores ( they were closer to the job), and most of them don't know what a 4511 is? Go figure.

                Buck
                PS: My contractor desk guy ordered me a 4511 today, estimated 2/18/09

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

                  I just picked mine up yesterday, $399, and was able to talk it down another $20, so out the door, including tax, $401. It was a load in the old Ranger, but had 3 guys and myself load it up. Back home, I just opened the box in the truck, and piece by piece in my walk out basement. Not too bad at all. asembly is another story. I stood mine up on the legs before attaching the cast wings. I was able to hold each ext. sides verically, line up one hole on the end, start a screw, then just swing the other end up and start that screw. That Herc-U-Lift is another story in itself! What a pain. 2 hours just on that alone. I am a lifelong toolmaker, and was able to adjust and accurately set the table, and fence to the blade, and runout, using a variety of my indicators. Piece of cake, just take your time, and do it right!! But that clumsy, strange lift thing still has me scratching! . The instructions kind of leave you hanging installing it. Plus all those SAE (fraction) screw sizes, with metric size heads, never seen anything like that. . In the end, it works, and works well. Be safe!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

                    Originally posted by Stonypaw View Post
                    I just picked mine up yesterday, $399, and was able to talk it down another $20, so out the door, including tax, $401. It was a load in the old Ranger, but had 3 guys and myself load it up. Back home, I just opened the box in the truck, and piece by piece in my walk out basement. Not too bad at all. asembly is another story. I stood mine up on the legs before attaching the cast wings. I was able to hold each ext. sides verically, line up one hole on the end, start a screw, then just swing the other end up and start that screw. That Herc-U-Lift is another story in itself! What a pain. 2 hours just on that alone. I am a lifelong toolmaker, and was able to adjust and accurately set the table, and fence to the blade, and runout, using a variety of my indicators. Piece of cake, just take your time, and do it right!! But that clumsy, strange lift thing still has me scratching! . The instructions kind of leave you hanging installing it. Plus all those SAE (fraction) screw sizes, with metric size heads, never seen anything like that. . In the end, it works, and works well. Be safe!
                    I didnt have much trouble with the HercULift, it might be because ive tried to assemble the HercULift+ about 10 times for other equipment, and it always never works for me (always the size of the equipment base being "odd" compared to the configurations for the lift).

                    Best help I had was looking at an assembled 3650 in store. The lift always looked assembled incorrectly to me, until I realized it was perfectly fine......the bars attached to the pedal plate are SUPPOSED to stick up, kinda like a tent, when the saw is planted on the ground. After seeing that, it all made sense when it came time to assemble my 3660

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

                      I have the manuals for the 3660 and the 4511. They show how to assemble the two sub assembly's pretty well but not too well with respect as to how they sit in relation to one another. I have "Nero Photosnap" on my computer. When I click on the R4511 picture at the upper right of my screen it uses "Nero" to open the pic up in a new window and I can zoom in on it and use my mouse to look at the way the Hrcu Lift sub assembly's are laid out and it gives you a very good look at how it works.

                      I would suggest you right click on it and use " Save as" and put it into your photo or picture folder where you can zoom in and see what I mean.

                      Hope this helps

                      Buck

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

                        Gave it a test drive this afternoon. I didnt even bother with the Ridgid blade that came with it. Its only a few thousands wider than the splitter, and in reading other posts, I have read where material can get caught on the splitter, just not enough clearance. The blade is now on the radial arm saw, good place for it. With the new wider blade, I ran some baseboard moulding through it, and cut great. Had to adjust the mitre gage a little to get a perfect 90*. Its just a screw under the protractor part that sets it to 90* and 45*. Also re-set the guard splitter to the center of the new wider blade, and had plenty of clearance. Re-adjusted the front rail calibration marks also. The fence is dead on parallel to the blade, and slides very nice. Just a little squeek from moving it, I will have to find a good wax or something to make that go away. Any ideas on what to use? The factory bevel setting was close, but needed just a little tweaking. Run-out was 0.000! Perfect. After 8+ hours of assembly and setting up, I am finally ready to put the 300# beast through its paces. Have to finish a bench / cabinet doors and shelves the ol' Logan lathe is on first. That will be a good break in project. I am no furniture maker by any means, but I want to build my own kitchen peninsula out of maple. One of those things you just cant buy off the shelf, and something I probably cant get made exactly to what I have in mind. I have plenty of projects to get warmed up on first. And more tools to buy! Never enough toys, err, I mean, tools.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

                          Originally posted by Stonypaw View Post
                          The fence is dead on parallel to the blade, and slides very nice. Just a little squeek from moving it, I will have to find a good wax or something to make that go away. Any ideas on what to use?
                          You need a wax that doesn't have any silicone in it. Johnson's Paste Wax is the best I've found for this. I also use Johnson's on the table surface to make it nice and slippy. To keep rust down, use Boeshield T9. One place to find it is at the Rust Store http://www.theruststore.com/Boeshiel...FQECGgodwRljcA

                          Good luck with the saw! I hope you have a good camera for the lathe cabinet. We like pictures.
                          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

                            Thanx for the info on the wax and rust preventer. I will trust your judgement on that. Hopefully can dig up the old 1.0 meg pixel Kodak. Somewhere around here. Stayed tuned. Doing the dust collecting system earlier today, before I ended up on the couch watching Daytona get rained out. Amounts to nothing more than a big shop vac, plugged into a seperate circuit from the saw. Had to get a new hose, and adapter to make it work with both the radial arm saw and the 3660.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

                              Originally posted by Stonypaw View Post
                              Thanx for the info on the wax and rust preventer. I will trust your judgement on that. Hopefully can dig up the old 1.0 meg pixel Kodak. Somewhere around here. Stayed tuned. Doing the dust collecting system earlier today, before I ended up on the couch watching Daytona get rained out. Amounts to nothing more than a big shop vac, plugged into a seperate circuit from the saw. Had to get a new hose, and adapter to make it work with both the radial arm saw and the 3660.
                              FYI - Sears stocks BoeShield, and amazingly enough my local store had plenty in stock. In case you have a Sears nearby and prefer instant gratification Wasnt much more expensive than ordering online, either.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

                                Just picked one up for $399 plus 10% off. They didn't have any in the box, so I asked if I could purchase the floor model. The first person I asked said they can't sell the floor models. Sooooo, I waited until another HD worker walked by and asked about purchasing the floor model. Wouldn't you know it, he sold me the floor model. Saved me the assembling, just had to tweak the adjustments a little to get it true.

                                FWIW, first time poster. This forum is very informative, thanks for all the advice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X