X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

Well...it looks like the local Home Depots near me are trying to clear out the TS3650/TS3660 saws. On Saturday I noticed that they moved the demo saw to the front area where they set up special bulk sale items plus had five boxed ones right next to it. Then today they have listed the saws for $399. Heck of a buy but I am tempted to wait for the 4511 saw that will replace it. Decisions decisions.....

I did find it interesting that they 'raised' the original price from $549 to $597 and then advertised it for sale at $399. Kind of a crock to 'raise' the original price to make it look like a better deal. It has been $549 for MONTHS and MONTHS but I bet they raised it to $597 so that when the new saw comes into stock it will already be at the same price point.

Just thought I would share the news with everyone who may have been waiting for the price drop.

Re: TS3660 on sale at Home Depot $399

I thought the original price was $597 when they first relaesed that saw.

Comment

Got mine tonight for $399 less 10% coupon. Kinda wanted the new granite top one, but didn't want to wait any longer and this was almost half the price. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

That is a great deal. I'm holding out for the granite though. It's looking like mid february from what I have read on line. Lets hope so. Red
        Red

Comment

My local HD (Somerset, NJ) also has it on sale for $399 in the front aisle.

I looked around and didn't see any TS3660s in the box and I looked at some of the tops of racks to see if I could find any 4511s. No luck there.

I just picked my TS3650 from another board member for $275 so I'm still happy.

Helder
          www.feesha.com

Comment

I had been waiting for this weeekend to buy one, as I had a yard sale to help make more room in the garage for it. Thank god I waited, cause I got it for close to $200 less than the pre-markup price.

I had been wanting a 3660 because the legs are supposed to be a bit sturdier, and as I have a small garage, I will have to move the saw around to use it. I figured the extra strength can only help. So I went looking for the 3660 at all my area stores. If you have the front desk look it up as the "TS3660", and it will tell them how many 3650's and 3660's they have total, but not the individual numbers. I had to ask to have an employee search the shelving for the 3660. They do have different SKU numbers, but both of those are $399.00

We found one 3660, out of the five total saws they had, and of course it was on the highest shelf, farthest from the tool area... lol. I'm looking forward to setting up over the next week or so when time permits after work.

Comment

...We found one 3660, out of the five total saws they had,...
              I am surprised they still have four 3650 saws, they must not sell very many as the 3650 was discontinued over a year ago.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                I am surprised they still have four 3650 saws, they must not sell very many as the 3650 was discontinued over a year ago.
                There are still a lot of 3650's out there. The three stores closest to me only have '50's.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me that there are 3650's left.

The combination of HD not displaying them in most of their outlets and today's economy is resulting in poor sales.

The lower prices that HD is advertising is probably an inventory reduction strategy. Remove those poor performers from inventory and convert the space to other products that are selling.

Within a year we may see no more RIDGID stationary power tools in most HD's.

They may keep them for a while longer as internet sales (would you buy a washer, dryer, stove etc. without touchie feelie).

Bill

Comment

As good a deal as 399 is, Im actually going to hold out for a little bit. I have a 2400 which works fine, will be interesting to see how low they go with the 3650/3660 pricing.

Considering they are some of the larger boxes in the tool dept (or even wherever they stash them for clearance), youd figure they want to dump them eventually to get them out of the way.

Comment

Went to my local Home Depot, and thre was one left for 399.00. It was the demo model, but never used for cutting demos, manager came over and offered it to me for 349.00. So I took it home. Been looking at this saw for quite some time. Great Deal !!

Comment

Also, the 3650 and 3660 have the same SKU, so the employees may not know the difference; so they just sit up on the shelf while they sell 3650s.

Beyond that, there are non trivial odds, they've lost the rails for the 3650s they have; so no one will buy them.

Comment

Well, just got back from my local HD and they are sold out of the ts3660.

They had two units a week ago. Guess I'll just have to wait on the 4511. Asked the tool guy and said it will be a couple of months, because they have not heard anything about the 4511.

Comment

Two on the floor in the boxes at the HD in Palm Bay, Florida as of 1/31/09.

$399.00.

Comment

Called nearest two other HDs and no 3660s.

Comment

Working...
                              X