X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Table on my 3650

Does anyone have a good plan for putting a dedicated router table on the right side of the 3650? I have seen a few pics here of this arrangement and it really works well, but I do not have a good idea/plan for one. Could a few of you share your ideas and techniques with me? Thanks!!

Re: Router Table on my 3650

Hi L. Scott,

I added the MCLS router table that fits nicely between the rails on the right side without removing the wing. Here is a link to their table

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops.../tabletop.html

It comes with a wood reinforcing frame screwed to the bottom. I removed it and proceeded to drill 4 sq. pockets equally spaced from the bottom with a forstner bit. I then drilled clearance holes from the sides into the pockets, and installed 1/4" bolts, washers and nuts. I slid the unit in and it works perfectly.
    Measure twice and drill once so the table lines up flat with the wing and you have a little wiggle room for final adjustments. The beauty is using the Ridgid fence with this table. I am going to make a connection to the TS fence and the supplied router fence.
    Wish I could send you better info, but I'm hiding from the Chicago weather here in Florida so I can't physically take pocket depth measurments etc.
    Hope this helps.
    P.S. I mounted a Freud plunge router that comes with a crank. It works real well

Comment

I also added the MLCS router table to my 3660. My mounting method, I think, is almost identical to tierraverde's. I left the right extension wing in place and drilled three holes through the end so I could run 1/4" lag bolts into the router table frame. The sides are supported by four bolts riding in the rip fence rails.

I have some pics in my album: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=68

Comment

Here is a good thread that I am currently using to mount a router extension using angle iron.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11380

Comment

tierraverde,
          I don't really understand your directions as to how you installed your MLCS table. I am really considering buying that same router table. Can you post some pics or explain how you did it so an idiot like me can understand!

Comment

I can't supply pictures as my TS is in Illinois and I'm hiding from the weather down in St. Pete FL.
            Maybe I can help if you email me with your phone #. I'll call you and we can go over it.
            (tierraverde@comcast.net)
            I think you'll like the method once you understand it.

Jim Ceriale

Comment

I'll attach a picture (.jpg from Sketchup) of one I made from 3/4" melamine-coated fiberboard and scraps. Opening is for a Rousseau lift (9x12). I also added some 1x3 bracing between the bottom of the table and the 3660 legs to take the stress off the fence rails. It won't last forever, but then maybe I can start saving up for a nice steel extension from Quality Grinding... heh heh.

If you have Sketchup and want a copy of the project, PM me and I'll email it... the forum doesn't allow .skp files as attachments, so may need to get your personal email.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have one of the aluminum Craftsman Professional router tables. It fits perfecly between the rails and i can leave the wing installed.

Comment

If you look at my post http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23571
                  and like this approach I could give you more details.

Comment

Re: Water pipes

Originally posted by jkjllkj
                    Now that is a lot of brass air fittings http://www.liangdianup.com/subpages/airfitting_1.htm there is just about every type
                    of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
                    used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.
                    Ummmmm....I think you posted this on the wrong thread

Comment

Re: Water pipes

Originally posted by Hacksaw123 View Post
                      Ummmmm....I think you posted this on the wrong thread
                      This air fittings guy seems to be about the most persistent spammer there is. I report this guy at least 2x a day.

Comment

Was just wondering how much work will be involved in just filling the gap at the end of the TS. Don't need it for a router table
                        Deep Thoughts: If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Comment

Very little effort is needed. I just used some angle iron (cut down to two ~20" pieces, if memory serves), a few nuts/bolts, a 1" thick piece of melamine coated fiberboard, and some screws. It took me < than an hour to have it all mounted to the saw. I can take some pics of my simple set up later today... There's the option of buying another cast iron wing too.

Comment

Thanks, I just noticed the slots on my rail, duh
                            Deep Thoughts: If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by nevbob View Post
                              Thanks, I just noticed the slots on my rail, duh
                              So, do you need pics? Obviously I didn't do that the other day...

Comment

Working...
                              X