Stickley's "The Craftsman" magazine online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickley's "The Craftsman" magazine online

The university of Wisconsin digital library has scanned copies of Stickley's "The Craftsman", from Oct 1901 to Dec 1916.

If you are big into the Arts & Crafts movement or in building furniture in the spirit of the period you might find it worth the time.

Each page is a .JPG and there is only online viewing available. Not a convenient as the whole issue in a single PDF but "beggars can't be choosers" as my grandmother always used to say.

Personally I prefer Frank Lloyd Wright's work and style of architecture and furniture he designed. The next time I am out to see my sister in Indiana I'd like to visit his home and other projects in the Oak Park area. This summer when the WX is better I plan to visit Falling Water in Pennsylvania.

List of Wright's projects
    Last edited by Bob D.; 02-03-2009, 10:49 AM.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Re: Stickley's "The Craftsman" magazine online

Thanks for the links. I'm new to woodworking and just discovered Greene and Greene. I'm fascinated by their furniture designs and their architecture.

Blacker House

Comment

Just had a chance to review some of Frank Lloyd Wright's furniture designs. I definitely see a FLW inspired design in my future. I especially like his Boynton hall table and dining chair designs.

Comment

Bob D thanks for the post. That is a great find.

I am not especially enamored of Frank Loyd Wright's work or that of Greene and Greene but I like Stickley a lot. We have a Stickley bedroom set that is beautiful. My wife on the other hand likes the Greene and Greene influence and we have a couple pieces designed in that tradition.

To each his own.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X