X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Splitter ?

My first post here, but I've been lurking for a while. I'm currently saving (and getting close) to get a TS3650. I currently have a BT3000 which has been an excellent saw, especially for the price, but I now need the 36" rip capacity of the 3650.
    My question.... Does the splitter on the 3650 raise and lower with the blade, as on the BT3K.
    Also, how is the dust collection? I have a 2 HP DC and with a 4" hose connected to the BT and a ZCTP, it's dust collection is excellent. I am concerned about the ability to connect a 4" hose to the 3650. Has anyone run a 10' section of 2 1/2" hose to the DC and connected to a 2 1/2 to 4" adaptor?
    TIA, I look forward to getting the saw and really bothering you folks.
    Ken
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Can't help you on the dust collection part as I have an older 3612. As far as the splitter is concerned, it doesn't move up and down with the blade. The splitter and blade guard actually mount to the back of the saw and the height of the blade doesn't come into play.

[ 10-06-2005, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: BadgerDave ]
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave:
      Can't help you on the dust collection part as I have an older 3612. As far as the splitter is concerned, it doesn't move up and down with the blade. The splitter and blade guard actually mount to the back of the saw and the height of the blade doesn't come into play.
      Thanks BadgerDave. I don't use the guard and pawls (I know), but I do insist on a splitter. Looks like another trip to HD and take a close look at the assembly. More drool for the tool guy to clean off the 3650.
      Ken

Comment

Hi KenM, You won't be sorry with the 3650. The saw comes equipped with a lower blade shroud with a 2.25" port where you connect your shop vac. It could work a bit better and I've have begun doing what so many others have done; boxing in the bottom of the saw, installing a toilet flange and connecting a 4" line. I wouldn't ditch this saw for a minor shortcoming.
        Later,
        Chiz
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

Hi Ken - The feature you're referring to re: the splitter is known as a riving knife when it moves up and down with the blade. That's a fairly common feature on European saws, but for some reason it doesn't get offered to the tough Americans on many saws. My habits are similar to yours...I don't use the guard too often but I usually have the splitter in place. I've made or adapted my own splitters most of the time. I'll either add them directly to the throat insert or find a way to mount a small splitter in the front-most splitter bracket.

Comment

Thanks Chiz and Knot Me.
            Any chance of a pic of how the enclosing and toilet flange is done?
            Thanks for the replies.
            Ken

Comment

Well, for the sake of your fingers, let's hope you get in the habit of using the guard----BTW--the Ridgid has one of the easiest guard/spliter remove and install features of much better and more expensive saws----once aligned--it only takes one thumb screw to install or remove the guard/spliter.
              Dave

Comment

I haven't been keeping up on posts, so this may be old news, but has anyone been noticing how many great reviews the TS3650 has been getting in the mags? I have saveral tool reviews that gave the Ridgid best table saw in it's class. I have loved mine, and it's always nice to see the "pros" give top marks to your choice. I can't help showing the articles to my Grizzly and Delta buddies.
                Integrity Counts!

Comment

Working...
                X