typing a degree symbol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave A.,

I would gladly trade in half my knowledge of all things geek, for half of what you and the others know about everything discussed in these forums.

Comment

I'm glad to see I'm not the only computer geek who would rather be doing some woodworking. Now, if I can only find a way to get the same pay for woodworking I'd be in heaven. Woe is me.

Comment

Woodworking is definitely a fun and rewarding hobby and I wouldn't mind making a little extra money from projects to support the hobby The things I like about my geek job are the variety of responsibilities and daily challenges. I do everything from PC support to network administration to web site maintenance to purchasing decisions etc. and I absolutely love it. Woodworking is great because you get to work with your hands, solve problems, see immediate results and express some "creativity". It is great "time away" and a skill I hope to continue to grow and improve and then pass on to my children.
        Alan
        My Shop

Comment

If we are taking a survey of computer geeks who do woodworking, count me in. I learned to program in 1962, and am now a senior level computer consultant to the financial services industry. My woodworking took a big step forward when my wife discovered Norm, wanted to try some woodworking with me, and decided that I didn't have enough power tools.

Comment

Charlie,

Same here. My wife hates that I have so many hobbies, but the woodworking is definitely her favorite. She says it's because anything I create, can enhance the home. My other hobbies just cost money and the only one who can enjoy them is me. Imagine that?

Comment

Working...
            X