X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 or 3660?

I'm in the market for a table saw, shop smith saw is hard to keep in adjustment and ackward, and the Ryobi is to crude for fine work. I was going to get the 4511 but the HD has a 3650 on sale for $399. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 3660 and 3650? Thank you

Re: 3650 or 3660?

Originally posted by jcmbs View Post
    I'm in the market for a table saw, shop smith saw is hard to keep in adjustment and ackward, and the Ryobi is to crude for fine work. I was going to get the 4511 but the HD has a 3650 on sale for $399. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 3660 and 3650? Thank you
    Same saw AFAIK except the 3660 stand is a little more rigid (no pun intended) and the 3660 comes in one box whereas the 3650 comes in 2 (very important, because Ive noticed a lot of HDs have "lost" box #2 for their 3650s).

Comment

Purchased the 3650 and assembled it today other than the end caps missing from rail assembly and some uneven mating of the table extensions the saw is outstanding. A huge improvement over the Shop Smith 500, the wings were aligned using C-clamps per the instructions and I need to re-align the fence gauge ended up 1/4 inch off using instructions. Very quite saw, smooth and with the addition of a Rigid upscale blade and the diablo blades it was a dream. However, I'm concerned about the arbor and the use of the new Freud stacked Dado blade I purchased the same day. But I'm very happy with the Orange monster (as my wife calls it) and look forward to adding a router table and some cabinet work.

Comment

I use a freud stack dado on my 2400. You don't have room for the stabilizer, but I've never had a problem.

Comment

When using a stacked dado blade set on the 3650/3660 you do not need to use the large washer. Just use the arbor nut to snug everything tight. Remember to keep the washer where you can find it, since you'll need to use it for regular blades!!
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by jcmbs View Post
            From what I have been told the 3660 has a little ruggeder leg assembly
            Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

Congrats on the new saw!

Being up by Andrews/Bolling, make sure you put some past wax on the table to inhibit rust.

Bullethead, (Retired AF officer)
              http://www.picturetrail.com/gid6255915

Comment

Thank you, and I have applied Johnsons paste wax, made a huge difference, got the dado insert two days ago, what a dream smooth, square and incredibly accurate cuts. Now do I build a dedicated router table for my rig 2900 series or do I build a wing insert??? Decisions, decisions..... What did you do before retiring, I'm currently and ED Nurse at Malcolm Grow. If your in stop by

Comment

Working...
                X